3rd Function Remote

/ 3rd Function Remote #1  

Dave Mc 19

Tractor
Massy Ferguson 1725 TLB
Wanting to install 3rd function remote on my Massey Ferguson 1725 TLB to operate a grapple. I stopped my the Massey dealer to see how the hydraulics are installed, The kit that they offer has a manifold block mounted on the cross member up by the bucket, i assume this is because the 1725 does not have a Power Beyond block to tap in to. The kit looked to be superior quality and it should be with the $1300 price tag.

Looking for any info on if there other 3rd function kits available that will work on my 1725?

Thanks in advance!

/ 3rd Function Remote #3  

These look pretty good, and are a good price. The joystick handle is a quality part.

/ 3rd Function Remote #4  
There are a couple styles. I went with a diverter as noted by others above. I have a button on the joystick I press and it diverts the Curl/dump function of the FEL to the 3rd function as long as I hold the button down. Only used for my grapple lid so far.

And yes, anything hydraulic is expensive, so don't think you are going to get off cheap unless you luck into some free stuff. I "rolled my own" 10 yrs ago and it was $700-800 total, IIRC. I did have a couple custom hoses made locally so they were a prefect fit and that was quite a chunk of the cost. Prob close to $250-300 just for the pair. And those prices were me doing all the legwork and 10 yrs ago, so...

/ 3rd Function Remote #5  
I think I need to sell “kits” myself, looks closer to $200 than $700 to me.

0CFF2B37-EEA4-458B-B0BA-087329C93692.jpeg

View attachment 833591
B8A431F9-B5E6-4B1A-9A13-FF3DE27E8EE4.jpeg

Maybe the button is the expensive part…

/ 3rd Function Remote #6  
artillian tractor sells a diverter kit as well, i just finished installing it on a mahindra max, may just want a 3rd function kit, if not using the loader controls

/ 3rd Function Remote #7  
Well when I did mine, there was less cheap chiwanese junk around like that diverter and I did get a good quality one which was probably 200 at the time. Making hoses to fit was spendy as noted but seemed like a very good idea in this case so that they were tightly routed and secured and wouldn't get caught on anything. Sure you could come up with some cheaper alternatives as you have shown but I wanted a good quality installation and got it. There were a lot more fittings required than what you show too as rerouting the hoses for the diverter was tricky due to tight space. YMMV

/ 3rd Function Remote #8  
Well when I did mine, there was less cheap chiwanese junk around like that diverter

Fair enough but I did not see “made in the USA” in either of the links above.

If I can sell <$200 worth of goods for $700 though, I’m in. Not so much if I am buying.

That first link doesn’t even include the long (most expensive) hoses. Must be why it’s ”only” $625…

FWIW the reason Chinese stuff is usable these days is because most of our manufacturers off shored their production years ago and they now have that intellectual property. Why every Ford, Chevy, Dodge, TV, microwave and even whatever device you are reading this with, contain parts from the region.

My wife’s Uncle was even involved with John Deere moving all of their casting operations there decades ago.

Last edited:
   / 3rd Function Remote #9  
Fair enough but I did not see “made in the USA” in either of the links above.

If I can sell <$200 worth of goods for $700 though, I’m in. Not so much if I am buying.

That first link doesn’t even include the long (most expensive) hoses. Must be why it’s ”only” $625…

FWIW the reason Chinese stuff is usable these days is because most of our manufacturers off shored their production years ago and they now have that intellectual property. Why every Ford, Chevy, Dodge, TV, microwave and even whatever device you are reading this with, contain parts from the region.

My wife’s Uncle was even involved with John Deere moving all of their casting operations there decades ago.
yea, your still missing a bit, all the wiring and switches, mount brackets, quick disconnects, zip ties etc, not to mention those sizes don't remotely guarantee they are going to work for each tractor, people are paying for the research and time put into the kit and instructions as well.....

/ 3rd Function Remote #10  

Send pictures of your hose connections/connectors and he may be able to make you a kit using a manual diverter valve if you don't mind that it is manual and not an electric push button to operate.