3rd VALVE-FRONT HYD KIT MOD

/ 3rd VALVE-FRONT HYD KIT MOD #1  

dirtworksequip

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.
Heres a modification I did on the 3rd valve front kit on my 3520 that I think cleans up the loose hoses left hanging on the rear of the tractor when you unplug the hoses of the front kit from the 3rd rear hydrualic ports. This mod may or may not be compatible with a backhoe attachment installed. (Also I am not the one who originally came up with this solution. Credit goes to another member here on TBN)

When the front kit is in use the hoses are plugged in and everything is ok.

P1010974.jpg

When the front kit is not in use and the rear 3rd valve is being used for another purpose (log splitter or hyd. landscape rake or rear blade) the front kit hoses are left hang and subject to damage.

I did the mod by removing the original 2 hole bracket for the rear 3rd valve ports and replaced it with a 4 hole factory bracket. (part no# MIU10238)

Then I changed the two front kit male hose ends over to female ends that could be placed in the two additional holes on the new bracket. On the new 4 bracket two holes are used for the 3rd valve ports and two holes are used for the two new female ports that now replace the two male ends of the front hyd kit hoses.

Below pics: Is of the two 3rd valve ports (right-green) and the front hyd. kit w/ female ends (left-blue & orange) installed in the new 4 hole bracket.

3rdvalve3.jpg

3rdvalve4.jpg

I then made up two 12 inch jumper hoses with male ends.

3rdvalve2.jpg

Below pic: Jumper hoses not in use.
3rdvalve1.jpg

Below pic: Jumper hoses not in use. Rear hyd. implement plugged into rear 3rd vlave. (log splitter,hyd landscape rake or hyd. rear blade)

3rdvalve.jpg

Below pic: Jumper hoses in use. 3rd valve ports to front hyd kit ports.(4 in 1 bucket or grapple)

3rdvalve5.jpg

/ 3rd VALVE-FRONT HYD KIT MOD #2  
Now thats my kind of mod....totally looks factory and perfectly functional!

Question...did your 3rd SCV hard lines require any tweaking to fit the 4 hole bracket? I have the 3rd SCV kit on order and if its a straight plug & play setup I think I'll order this bracket instead and do this right away to facilitate future expansion...getting the FEL Aux. hydraulic lines is in my plans.

/ 3rd VALVE-FRONT HYD KIT MOD
Spudland, when I first started the mod I thought I would be able to mount the new 4 hole bracket in the existing mounting holes. Once I started I found that the 3rd valve hard lines needed to stay as close as possible to their original position. The only thing I had to do to mount the 4 hole bracket was drill one hole on the left side. I used one of the original holes and then drilled one new one. This mounted the bracket so the 3rd valve lines where very close to where they were with the original 2 hole bracket. Once I got the lines into the bracket I found that the crimped hose end of the hose farthest to the left would not clear the sheet metal that the bracket mounts too. I used a dremel tool to grind out a small half moon shape so it would have enough clearance.

Also with this mod there is still room for the Power Beyond Kit on the right side.

Here's a couple more pics that might help out with your questions.

Below pic: Shows the routing of the original 3rd valve hard lines and the hoses from the front hyd kit.

3rdvalve6.jpg

Below pic: Shows where I had to grind out the half moon shape to get clearance for the hose end. (right where the blue cable tie is)
3rdvalvehyd.jpg

/ 3rd VALVE-FRONT HYD KIT MOD #4  
Nice job, dirt. Very professional. Really liked your detailed explaination with great pics. (Gotta figure this pic thing out... how to take and post.)

Where'd you get those colored rubber springy things? Pretty cool and I think even I see 'em without a light to hook 'em up in the fall-winter for plowing snow, etc.

Thanks.

AKfish

/ 3rd VALVE-FRONT HYD KIT MOD
AKfish, thanks for the compliment. The "rubber springy things" are actually wire hose protector that I painted to match the color of the hose caps. I did the colored hose protectors more for easy identification over the protection they provide.

AK, you can email me at dirtworksequip@aol.com and maybe I can get you on the right track to post some of your pics. I'm sure everyone here would like to see them.

Sincerely, Dirt