4 spool rear remote install on B3300SU

/ 4 spool rear remote install on B3300SU #1  

CDN Farm Boy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3300SU
When I bought my tractor, I knew I wanted rear remotes. In fact, I knew I wanted a bunch of them. The Kubota kit was astronomical in price for just one valve, never mind their 2 or 3 spool options. I wanted minimum of 3, 4 was better. Dealer was a bit confused when I wanted the blower with the tractor purchase with the hyd rotation but no way of turning it. They actually delivered the blower with the manual crank and had to send the service guy out to install the hyd motor. He also was confused how I was going to operate it. Parts and Service desk was nice enough to email me the factory remote install manual for reference. Once I saw the first pic of how they mount the valve, am I ever glad I didn't get it. It mounts horizontal on the outside of the ROPS! By the time you get the mounting plate and the 3 spool option, it sticks out further than the tires. :eek:

Here's how I did mine, with reference to the factory manual and input from JJ and MtnViewRanch (thanks guys):

Valve from Surplus Center, I used this one https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7864&catname=hydraulic for it's compact size.
Fittings from Discount Hydraulic Hose
Local made hoses at Princess Auto

IMG-20130902-00561.jpg

This takes up less than 3" of room on the inside. I'm 6'2, 235 lbs and fit no problem even bundled up doing snow or running the BH. I already had the lights installed and made the valve mount work with them, keeping things up as high as I could so that there was room under the levers for my arm. The hole spacing on the valve body was just a little bit narrower than the ROPS so I ground the side off the 2 lower mounting bolts to give clearance, with the sole purpose of keeping the mount as compact as possible.

IMG-20130902-00563.jpg

Top 2 valves have 1/4" QDs, the 3rd has 3/8" for the BH and I plan to run the bottom spool up to the front which are just capped for now. QD plate was mounted on the lower section of the ROPS. It was just a mock-up/test run and I ended up re-drilling a couple of the holes. One of these days I'll get around to making a new mounting plate for the QDs, complete with paint.

IMG-20130902-00565.jpg

No cutting of any of the factory components of the PB loop was done that if for any reason I wanted to return to stock everything is unboltable (is that even a word?) and all the stock parts are still there.

/ 4 spool rear remote install on B3300SU
More and closer pics to follow when I get the camera rather than using my phone.

/ 4 spool rear remote install on B3300SU #3  
Hope you*are still on this board. So I am planning on*installing a double or triple spool on my tractor. I also have a back hoe. So basically when I am needing my BH, I unplug the loop to the*3 point, and plug the two hoses into my backhoe. When*installing remotes now,*how*would I feed them, and then the backhoe or*3 point? *Hope this makes sense, just wondering how my circuit would look...

Would I have*my*2 or*3 sets of remotes, plus*a set of disconnects for the power beyond coming from my new spool valve that I would either loop the 3 point or connect to the backhoe?

Thanks

/ 4 spool rear remote install on B3300SU #4  
Nice job on that Farm Boy :thumbsup:

gg

I'd actually forgotten about this thread.

Thanks Gordon.

Jason, there are 2 common ways of plumbing remotes and a BH. The way most BH are run on these small tractors is with the Power Beyond loop that runs from the loader valve to the 3pt as most remote setups are aftermarket or DIY. There are lots of drawings showing the different ways but I'll try to type it out for you.

Conventional BH connected to the PB loop:
Loader PB port goes to the IN port on the BH valve
BH OUT port goes to the 3pt.
Work ports of the BH valve go to the various cyl of the BH.

Disconnect the BH:
Loader PB port to the 3pt valve (male & female QDs that connect the BH are hooked together)

The way I did my setup:
Loader PB port feeds the IN of the new remote valve
PB port of the remote valve feeds the 3pt
OUT of the remote valve goes back to tank.
When I connect my BH, I simply plug into one of my sets of remotes and put the control lever in the detent position.
This allows me to connect/disconnect my BH without turning off the tractor to split the original PB loop. It also allows me to use other valves of the same stack to power my hyd thumb (so I actually have 4 hoses to connect when mounting my BH rather than 2) and my front grapple/loader hyd QA all powered off the same 4 spool valve.

The other way is to plumb the remote valve exactly as the BH valve is originally and you have to move the PB loop hoses depending on if you want to use the remotes or the BH.

3 1/2 years later, I'm still really happy with my setup

/ 4 spool rear remote install on B3300SU #6  
Would it be possible to email the install manual for the factory rear Remote, jf I pm'd my email address?

Send me your email and I'll see if I can still find it.

/ 4 spool rear remote install on B3300SU #8  
hadn't though of going vertical with the valves. I mounted mine on a plate across the back but I like your idea for keeping things tucked in tight to the rops

/ 4 spool rear remote install on B3300SU #9  
I just realized your quick connects are on a separate plate down lower. that is a lot of hoses. That must have cost you quite a bit. When I did mine, the hoses were the most expensive part. and I had my quick connects on the valve

Attachments

• IMG_0699.JPG
    IMG_0699.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0698.JPG
    IMG_0698.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 326
It actually wasn't too bad for overall cost. I don't remember the exact cost but he whole setup cost me less than 1 spool from the dealer. I waited until the hoses/fittings were on sale at Princess Auto which helped quite a bit -- I think I got them 40% off. 11 hoses total. The in/out/PB and 1 pair for the Backhoe are 3/8" and the rest are 1/4" including the one pair run up to the loader.

The way you did your's with the QDs right on the valve body sure saves a bunch as long as you don't mind the extra length on the implement hoses