4100 is tippy

/ 4100 is tippy #1  

PLOWER

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4710 JD Lt133 JD 345
My 4100 is really tippy when i get onto hills sideways and there not even steep. Does anybody know a way to weigh down the back end?

/ 4100 is tippy #2  
Plower,
I had the same problem. Rear wheel weights were the fix for me. Its amazing how much difference they make.
JerryG

/ 4100 is tippy
Jerry,
About how much were the rear wieghts for a 4100.

Cliff

/ 4100 is tippy #4  
Plower,
I used 50 pound weights and they are 18" in diameter. That would be to large for your wheels, I think/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif. Having said that, mine cost me about $350 for the brackets and 400 pounds of weights. If you used the 25 pound weights (12" diameter) the cost would be less.
JerryG

/ 4100 is tippy
Jerry,
Thanks for the help on the weights i think i'll order some tommorow.
Cliff

/ 4100 is tippy
Jerry,
I looked at those pictures where did you get those, there nice? Do you know a place to get those over the net?

/ 4100 is tippy #8  
Plower
I made the weights, for my B2400, that Andy shows on the net. Not only are they cheep, but are very easy to put on and off. One real good idea. You never bang up your fingers with the 25 pound weights.
Bud

/ 4100 is tippy #9  
Plower,
I had them made. We measured and cut the plate to fit inside the wheel and cut the bolt holes square for the carriage bolts. Then we welded the 1" X 9" bolt in the center. The weights were bought a Wal-Mart. They largest they normally stock is 25 pound, but thats about the size you need.

Any welding shop can make them for you for a reasonable cost compared to any dealer ordered item.

JerryG

/ 4100 is tippy
Jerry,
are those weights just barbells?And what kind of metal plate did you cut out to bolt to the rim of your tractor?