4110 lift kit (Dummy needs help!)

/ 4110 lift kit (Dummy needs help!) #1  

jonesiera

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4110, John Deere 332,
I got my mower deck lift kit from John Deere, now I need some help!
Can you get the mower deck at it raised position and then latch it up, and next spring can I unhook the lift kit end and allow my mower deck to operate down again. I know its sound dumb but I'm not sure of what to do. I don't want my mower deck to drop while I'm using the 3 point hitch. I hope I'm making sense.
Bob J

/ 4110 lift kit (Dummy needs help!) #2  
You have to buy the latch kit from JD, or if you're handy you can fabricate one yourself. It consists of some small lengths of chain , turnbuckles, and pins. The assembly limits the amount of travel those two new flanged pieces you'll be adding to your 3PH will have. So when you turn the turnbuckles all the way in, the deck will be held up regardless of the position of your 3PH lever. During cutting season, you loosen both turnbuckles, lower your 3PH/MMM to your cutting height, and then tighten the turnbuckles.

Simple operation but hard to describe.

Donny

/ 4110 lift kit (Dummy needs help!) #3  
There are tons of threads on this site regarding latch kits. I don't know how to put in a link for you, so just go back a couple of pages in the message board. They have some real good pictures in there as well.

/ 4110 lift kit (Dummy needs help!)
Please excuse me, I really have a problem I seem to forget about everything anymore. My Son pointed out that (Beenthere) had already told me how and ran off a copy for me. Thanks to you all and please don't get upset with me I really can't help it!

/ 4110 lift kit (Dummy needs help!) #5  
Jonesy,

Don't let it bother you. We enjoy it...well, we should anyway /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

"...I really can't help it!"
I could (help it), and I did, but it didn't help! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifTime to go home /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 4110 lift kit (Dummy needs help!)
Thanks, I'll try to remember that!! If I knew a little more about this dang computer I could recall the information. My Son told me to print all my messages each time and then file them,Ha Ha
Jonesy /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ 4110 lift kit (Dummy needs help!) #7  
What was the original question /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 4110 lift kit (Dummy needs help!) #8  
RE "Can you get the mower deck at it raised position and then latch it up, and next spring can I unhook the lift kit end and allow my mower deck to operate down again."

It might be better to just remove the mower all-together for the non-mowing season. Ground clearance will be better and the deck itself won't be subject to getting wet, rusty, and beat-up.

It only takes maybe ten minutes to take off the mower and the linkage and have a nice, clean, high ground-clearance tractor for plowing snow with.

- Rick