4120 dealer installed engine block heater operation

/ 4120 dealer installed engine block heater operation #1  

whitedogone

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4120
I have one of these on the 4120 that I've never used because I normally don't use the machine in the winter. Well I need to use it and should I just keep it pulled in all night or do I just pull it in a hour or so before starting?

/ 4120 dealer installed engine block heater operation #2  
I have one of these on the 4120 that I've never used because I normally don't use the machine in the winter. Well I need to use it and should I just keep it pulled in all night or do I just pull it in a hour or so before starting?

Only need it in for 1-2 hours. Most of them are 2 hours but the factory unit may be less. Definitely don't need it all night

/ 4120 dealer installed engine block heater operation
Will it hurt to let it pluged in that long?....ie all night

/ 4120 dealer installed engine block heater operation #4  
Won't hurt a thing. Costs a few bucks on electric but don't have to deal with plugging in then waiting 2 hours. Just go out fire up and unplug.

/ 4120 dealer installed engine block heater operation #5  
I agree it will not hurt anything being plugged in all night. After an all night, check your oil and feel the dip stick and oil with you hand, it should only be warm.

/ 4120 dealer installed engine block heater operation
I agree it will not hurt anything being plugged in all night. After an all night, check your oil and feel the dip stick and oil with you hand, it should only be warm.

Will do, thanks guys

/ 4120 dealer installed engine block heater operation #7  
I have a remote controlled extension cord (only about 16" long) that I got at Ace hardware. I plug the tractor into that and I can point the remote at the shed (about 200 feet away), push the button and the heater is on. Works great and saves all the way around. The remote cord has three plugs in it, so I have a light plugged into it, too. That way I am sure it turned on.