42" or 48" forks

/ 42" or 48" forks #1  

DTLS

Tractor
LS MT335H
I'm picking up a set of pallet forks with the QA mount. I have a LS MT335H. They are made by Tomahawk out of Indiana. A guy who is located on the way to my property sells their attachments in an unbranded form. I can get the 42" for $575 or the 48" for $599 so price is not a deciding factor. I worked in a manufacturing facility for many years and always drove forklifts but I never measured the length but I suppose they were 48". They are rated at 2,800 lbs. and my loader lifts about that. I would be storing them in 24'x24' garage with tractor and other attachments so size is a consideration but I want them to be fully functional. I am thinking get the 48" but would like advice before I purchase the wrong ones!

/ 42" or 48" forks #2  
I'm picking up a set of pallet forks with the QA mount. I have a LS MT335H. They are made by Tomahawk out of Indiana. A guy who is located on the way to my property sells their attachments in an unbranded form. I can get the 42" for $575 or the 48" for $599 so price is not a deciding factor. I worked in a manufacturing facility for many years and always drove forklifts but I never measured the length but I suppose they were 48". They are rated at 2,800 lbs. and my loader lifts about that. I would be storing them in 24'x24' garage with tractor and other attachments so size is a consideration but I want them to be fully functional. I am thinking get the 48" but would like advice before I purchase the wrong ones!
48”. It gives you more reach when items are further back in a truck or trailer.

/ 42" or 48" forks #3  
You will also have a better chance of seeing the ends/tips of the 48" ones if something like your hood or fork back rest is blocking your view. It is more difficult to see the tips of shorter forks.

/ 42" or 48" forks
48" it is then. Visibility and reach. Hadn't thought about the visibility thing. Thanks!

/ 42" or 48" forks #7  
48" it is then. Visibility and reach. Hadn't thought about the visibility thing. Thanks!
For visibility paint the tips yellow

Attachments

• IMG_2933.JPG
    IMG_2933.JPG
    304.7 KB · Views: 53
   / 42" or 48" forks #8  
I just received a set of 42" for my JD4320 and yes, they are hard to see. I have a set of 48" for my Bobcat loader but they are kind of bulky for my tractor. I went with CID, 3k rated. I looked at Tomahawk but shipping was spendy. I got these on a special for free shipping.

0614231534.jpg

/ 42" or 48" forks #9  
I bought 42" and while I love having forks, wish I had gone with 48" for visibility. And for pulling 7' pallets off the back of trucks.

/ 42" or 48" forks #10  
48".. cant see the tips of my 42" ones..