3-Point Hitch 4310 3 point hitch problem

/ 4310 3 point hitch problem #1  

robbie63

Tractor
john deere 4310
Hi, i have a deere 4310 tractor and was mowing raising and lowering the 60" mower deck , many times while
mowing, and about half way thru the lawn mowing, about 3 acres, i lifted the mower deck and it came up tilted
on a angle, when attached it was dead nuts level, and will NOT go back down, and the motor sounds like it is laboring like the valve is in the up position and will not release. Any help,

/ 4310 3 point hitch problem #2  
Sounds like something is binding. Did something get caught up underneath? are the linkages and pins all OK? I don't have a belly mower so I'm sorry I'm not much help on this one.

/ 4310 3 point hitch problem
no i do not have a belly mower ether, this is my 3 point hitch on the back of the tractor. i have a 60" finish mower for the back and a mid pto for my 60" front mount 60" snow blower, and for my bucket.
i just went out to the barn and the mower was on the ground, i left the raise and lower lever in the down position, and when i started the tractor the mower deck came up all by itself and stayed there.

/ 4310 3 point hitch problem #5  
Did you check the 3pt "lowering speed valve"?

Yes, it does, under the seat in the center. JD calls then a ROD or Rate of Drop valve.

/ 4310 3 point hitch problem
hi, yes i did try that valve, i screwed in all the way in and all the way out and it made no differance. sounds to me like the hydro. valve is sticking or is shot, i don't hoe this works, i think that it all hydro. in the up and down, there is no doward pressure, just the weight of the deck brings is down when a valve says to.

/ 4310 3 point hitch problem #7  
hi, yes i did try that valve, i screwed in all the way in and all the way out and it made no differance. sounds to me like the hydro. valve is sticking or is shot, i don't hoe this works, i think that it all hydro. in the up and down, there is no doward pressure, just the weight of the deck brings is down when a valve says to.

Can you see if the actual shaft is turning? Or is just the knob spinning on the shaft because it it stripped?

/ 4310 3 point hitch problem #9  
Just a shot in the dark, check the feed back linkage and make sure it's not holding the 3pt valve open. If that seems ok, then I would guess the linkage to the 3pt valve has broken a pin and the valve is locked open. You might have to pull the rockshaft housing off to fix. Go on the JD site and pull your parts manual and look how the level is hooked up to the 3pt valve.

/ 4310 3 point hitch problem #10  
The ROD valve can get plugged up easily and block the oil from the escaping the cylinder.