4310 on the ground!

/ 4310 on the ground!
Well, the FEL has me baffled. I spent so much time figuring out the exact setup, and get the "wrong" FEL. So, I really have been trying to figure out what to do. I really did get a great buy on this, and I am trying to consider, would I have gone with this setup, if I stumbled onto it at a lot, at this savings?

But the tractor is awesome...

/ 4310 on the ground!
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a 420 loader on my 4300 (2wd). It has been mostly satisfactory. )</font>

Thanks - that is a big help!!

/ 4310 on the ground! #13  
Mike, you just spent a ton of money on a brand new machine. If it didn't come as you ordered it, call the dealer and tell him!

If the price you were quoted was with the 430 loader, then make the call and have them make good on it.

If you don't get it straightened out, you'll think of this everyday you run your tractor. Myself, I'd need the peace of mind knowing I got what I ordered and paid for.

/ 4310 on the ground! #14  
I have the specs on the loader, in the areas that matter most to me, the 420 is first, 430 second. Lift height 86.5" vs 101.4" - Dump/rollback 43/24 degrees vs 43/23 degrees, - Breakout force 2141 ft lb. vs 3299 ft lb. Lift capacity 1033 lbs vs 1261 lbs. As you can see, they match up close except in two categories. Lift height and breakout force. Now, if it was me, I'd ask about getting a 430. Regardless, you got a great looking tractor that I am sure will give you years of great work. Congratulations, now the fun and destruction begins, Rat...

/ 4310 on the ground! #15  
I would have the loader discussion with your dealer, before scuffing it up working with it.

Also, I try to keep in the habit of ALWAYS lowering the FEL and Hoe to the ground, especially when kids could be around the tractor. One wrong move reaching for a place to grab (loader control) when the other is standing or sitting in the bucket could be some immediate trouble and heartache. S*** (stuff) can happen fast.

/ 4310 on the ground!
Thanks!!

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( On the Backhoe attachment - did you require any additional modifications (hydraulics, etc.) on your 4310 for it? And do mind sharing what the cost/charge was?
)</font>

$5226 installed the 47 Backhoe was $4880, the balance was for the hydraulics, (Power Beyond, and something else...)

/ 4310 on the ground!
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Also looks like a couple happy campers there to help you enjoy the day. I can see in a couple years you'll have to buy your own machine since those two will be doing the tractoring )</font>

What, you think their big sisters, and mother will let me near this one?

By the way, the big boy isn't in the bucket, it sure looks that way...

I had the stick locked, but already figured out the bucket stays down.

/ 4310 on the ground!
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Mike, it looks like the dealer set you up with the rear wheels set for maxium spread (I assume for best handling with the hoe). What kind of overall width did you end up with there?

Nice looking rig. )</font>

That is the recommedation of Deere. Thay are 66" on the outside. The R1's allow the adjustment R4's don't. That is the reason I wished I had ordered the R1's instead. Boy was I glad that is what came! They actually look a lot like R4's (I realize that they aren't as heavy duty) The slightly more aggressive tread and the adjustable mounting width will be great with our terrain...

The front wheels are dished in, but I think I will turn them out as well. I have a real handy jack to do it, so it should only take a shake. (first FEL trick...)

/ 4310 on the ground!
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ours have not began to bud yet and snow showers are predicted for tonight )</font>

Sure, drop by in July. Wear shorts. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 4310 on the ground!
Thanks Rat, beenthere, and all.

Well, here's the scoop:

I set out an email to the dealers in the area requesting a bid on the equipment I was looking for. The bid I went for was quite a bit lower than the others. I called to verify that the equipment matched, but should have rquested a Written, itemized quote. Despite my efforts, we miscommunicated, and I ended up with R1's instead of R4's and a 420 FEL, instead of the 430.

I was dealing with the owner of a long time dealership, that is pretty small. We don't have many big dealers around here (they were thinned out by the 1980's, my wifes family was one of them...)

I have talked to him about the loader. Basically, he admitted the mistake, and wants to get it solved, but he had charged me for what I received, and didn't cushion the sale to give me some consolation prize.

I have said before, that the guys selling this stuff have to handle all types of equipment, from little push mowers to huge ag machines. We get to know one or two products inside out, and can't figure out why we know more about them than the salesman. Or think we do.

So, it comes down to: The R1's - I love them, they are perfect for my needs. I had wished I had ordered them, and glad I got them.

The 420. Is probably all I need. I should have done a better job getting an itemized quote, but I did still get a good price, and I decided that if I had come in to order the machine that I thought I was, and this one was setting there, at this savings; I would have jumped on it, and been thrilled with the savings.

A bigger dealer could more readily absorb this situation, but they wouldn't have been at this price to begin with. And the machine really is great, they did a great job prepping it!

BTW, a freind and I picked up the tractor. We towed it behind a 318 Dodge Dakota. Nearly 6000 Lbs of tractor in those Missouri hills. The Dakota loped along at 70mph, never dropping out of overdrive... (there is usually a ChevyII back there, on its way to picking up a trophy at the dragstrip...)