4310 Stopping

/ 4310 Stopping #1  

greg4x4

Any help would be appreciated. I have a 03 e-hydro 4310 w/170 hrs on it. In low range only with high rpms it will just stop, I can let off pedal and go again but it will keep doing it unless I lower rpms or change range.

/ 4310 Stopping #2  
I have a 4310 but not had that problem, I rarely use low except with box blade or heavy snow. hard to diagnose with everything electronic now but maybe just range selector linkage, try holding the selector back all the way and run it high to see if that helps, other than that maybe a sensitive seat safety switch. hopefully not in the pedopedals that would require dealer to calibrate, not a big deal for them I don't think.

/ 4310 Stopping #3  
I have the same tractor, same year. Are there any flashing codes before or when this happens? The codes will be on the right fender. I have the PDF tech manual and can let you know what the codes are.

Tom

/ 4310 Stopping #4  
Since it only happens when at high rpm, it sounds like the throttle position potentiometer is out of adjustment. This will cause this problem. The only way to adjust it properly is to hook in a voltmeter to set the low and high speed adjustments. The reading is taken across the "B" & "C" terminals and should be between 4.0 and 4.8 volts at wide open throttle. You have to take the reading while all wires are connected. The voltage at the low idle position should be .62 volts to .78 volts. These adjustments are very touchy and you really should calibrate after adjusting tjis, but you could get lucky and get it close enough. By all means, if you have any warranty left, let your dealer do it. Good luck!

/ 4310 Stopping
I think it blinks twice but I will have to pay more attention next time. Thanks to everyone for all the ideas and help so far.