445 busted hydraulic hose

/ 445 busted hydraulic hose #11  
I am currently dealing with a leak at the same location what im finding is the schematic shows two o-rings the same size on the two formed metal lines. the fitting that goes in to the control block has an inner and outer o-ring. im having trouble getting the fitting back on the metal line with the inner o-ring in place.
anyone know of any special tools for this?
im using a little petroleum jelly for lubricant.

/ 445 busted hydraulic hose #12  
I busted a hose yesterday at same location. I might have missed it, but how do I actually remove the hoses from the valve body? Do I need to remove the plate at the front? I searched the forum and I can't find the obvious of how to actually remove the hoses. :)

/ 445 busted hydraulic hose #13  
sampom
:welcome: to TBN

Follow the procedure in reply #7. Remove the two bolts that hold that clamping plate. Have the replacement hose and o-rings ready to go back in. Avoid getting any debris/dirt in the hydraulic system.

Likely have to remove the deck, clean the steering valve area real well, maybe drain the hyd. oil from the system, raise the front of the tractor and hope that allows you to remove and replace the busted hose.

Keep us posted, as someone can likely help as you go along on this task.

/ 445 busted hydraulic hose #14  
Got it! I missed that scrolling though my phone. Although fluid was spitting everywhere when sh*t hit the fan, I don't see any apparent breaks in a hose. But when I start it quickly, fluid seems to be oozing where the lowest hose enters the valve, see photo. Thanks again!! IMG_0965.jpg

/ 445 busted hydraulic hose #15  
John Deere Power Steering Hose - AM115774

Does that hose connect to the transmission where the pump is located?

Schematic from jdparts showing the hose supplying the power steering box.

Maybe just o-ring replacements needed.. your call.

Attachments

• 445_hose_pwrsteering_box.jpg
    445_hose_pwrsteering_box.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 157
   / 445 busted hydraulic hose #16  
It's the hose that goes out to the steering cylinder. However, there is no retaining clip on the hose you pictured and so there is a small cut in that line although not enough to leak. I only noticed today crawling around under the tractor. So that hose will need to be replaced and finally the retaining clip installed. I'll get the hoses pulled off and see what the ends look like re: just replacing the o ring. :dance1:

/ 445 busted hydraulic hose #17  
It's the hose that goes out to the steering cylinder.

Nevermind! Its not the flexible hose, it is the hard line and it sheared off right at the pressure plate. Looks like there is another post in the forums about this same issue. That gentleman had it soldered back together.

Attachments

• IMG_0965(1).jpg
    IMG_0965(1).jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 129
   / 445 busted hydraulic hose #18  
Help!! I've got this question posted on another thread so I apologize for that, but I am really stuck after 5 hrs of trying to get this fixed. I have the hard line in place, one end hand tightened onto the SCV and the other line is sitting in the steering valve. However, I am going to really need to push this into place so it sits in the correct port. Right now it is sitting nicely in the port just to the left, where the main hose from the transmission is supposed to go. After all this kicking and screaming, I am hesistant to really push this hard line into place. Has anyone done this repair that can offer some guidance?? Please and thank you!!

/ 445 busted hydraulic hose #19  
If the correct receiving port is clean of any debris and the o-ring is the correct part number, then (although admit to not having done it) I'd force it in or rely on the bracket that holds it in drawing it tight when snugging up the two bolts.

Wish you well on getting that tube inserted in place. Appreciate knowing of your experience in case I have to do the same with my 425 or 455.