4520C fuel filter

/ 4520C fuel filter #1  

D60

Tractor
Kubota L2800 HST
This was the filter assy on a 4520C. Are these plastic units supposed to have a replaceable element? I've tried all I can to get that lower bowl to unthread but I'm just gonna break it.

Tried 2 different strap wrenches and 2 different pairs of oil filter pliers. Even tried heating it a little with a heat gun.

edit: I should say the illustrations in the upside down right-to-left manual and any videos I could find online show a metal assy with just the clear plastic bowl, thus I'm wondering if the all-plastic is serviceable
20220320_173717.jpg
20220320_173752.jpg

/ 4520C fuel filter #2  
I have a 4520 and I just turn on the key, listen for the purring sound of the fuel pump, then I unscrew the black bleeder on the bottom and let fuel pump push water out.
I also wondered where is the replaceable paper filter?
The 5520 is the same way....

/ 4520C fuel filter
I have a 4520 and I just turn on the key, listen for the purring sound of the fuel pump, then I unscrew the black bleeder on the bottom and let fuel pump push water out.
I also wondered where is the replaceable paper filter?
The 5520 is the same way....
Is yours also all plastic like this?

I know in general on other models plastic housings can be taken apart, but I'm uncertain if this one can be?

/ 4520C fuel filter
I stumbled upon this which looks identical but no mention if a separate filter element is available, which might suggest it comes apart

/ 4520C fuel filter #5  
ok this type of fuel filter does not have a replaceable element inside its an all in one unit and you replace the whole thing
EA00005318A is the branson part number for this filter, as of current i am unaware of a crossover for this, however there could be one out there locally but you will probably have to take the old one to your local parts store and see if they can do a physical cross over

/ 4520C fuel filter
ok this type of fuel filter does not have a replaceable element inside its an all in one unit and you replace the whole thing
EA00005318A is the branson part number for this filter, as of current i am unaware of a crossover for this, however there could be one out there locally but you will probably have to take the old one to your local parts store and see if they can do a physical cross over
Thank you that's the part # I came up with as well.

It'd be nice to find the part # for the metal unit and I'm fairly confident I could make it fit as I'm a machinist and fabricator by trade. Or perhaps there's an aftermarket option?

My only concern with an adapter block (assuming the metal unit doesn't have matching bolt spacing) is that it might push the assy into a cable which is exiting the firewall near there....I assume it may be the accelerator cable but I haven't had time to look.

Still, my local dealer wants $83 for this and that seems dumb when replacement elements for the metal units are $11 to $13

/ 4520C fuel filter #7  
D60
Thank You kindly for the info, my filters look exactly like yours.
I wonder if you can just change out the whole filter unit and replace it with a paper filter one?

/ 4520C fuel filter #8  
   / 4520C fuel filter #9  
My filter is the same. I think I would rather have the water separator and replace the unit when needed vs a cheaper replaceable cartridge.

/ 4520C fuel filter
My filter is the same. I think I would rather have the water separator and replace the unit when needed vs a cheaper replaceable cartridge.
All of Lou's suggestions above have a water separator....? AFAIC it's mandatory for a diesel but most setups let you just replace the canister or element filter.