45HP Crate Jinma

/ 45HP Crate Jinma #1  

davep

Tractor
NewHolland TC35
I have psyched myself up to buy a crate Jinma - I like the idea of a tractor that is simple enough for me to repair and of learning how its put together by putting it together from a crate.

I am inclined to buy the 45HP ... why wouldn't I buy 25% more power for 5% more cost? ... but there are few mentions of the 45HP model on TractorByNet or JohnS's website. Is there a problem with the 45HP Model? As it is not as common, are parts available? Is it different enough so that the advice and guidance on repairs etc doesn't apply?

The biggest problem I have now found is that TractorConnection no longer sells the 45HP model. Does anybody sell it in crate form?

/ 45HP Crate Jinma #2  
dave not a lot of info on them, as such the parts and knolage may not be up as far as the lower HP units. the 45 is pretty NEW to the jinma line and the EPA loophole thing is over for them come dec31st. the loophole for less than 30 hp is pretty much up soon too... I would look at graham @ bolton, or tractor connection perhaps chip can help out with something else? the kamas I think have the HP you are looking for with a bit better support at this time, the jinmas are more avail in the 25~35 or less HP range if you an go smaller?

Mark M

/ 45HP Crate Jinma #3  
The 45 is a nice tractor, a real OX...I only have one left at
present and it's assembled..

Graham

/ 45HP Crate Jinma #4  
The 45 hp tractors are the newest in the Jinma line up with not alot of them imported yet,while there is parts avaliable they are limited.We are a large parts supplier for Jinma and have only a small amount of parts for the 400 series starters,hydraulic pumps mostly common parts.These tractors are Big and for the average Joe without some lifting equipment or a forklift would be a challenge in crate form.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ 45HP Crate Jinma #5  
I have heard of the "fun" some people have dealt with crate 354s, including axle install, but a 454 crate, that is talking some serious weight and major league "FUN". /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif While you may not want to miss out on this "fun", definetly considered assembled, be it Jinma or Kama, in this size range.

/ 45HP Crate Jinma
Thanks for all your replies. It sounds as though the 45 is too much fun - if I need heavy equipment to work on it, or have to buy it assembled, it loses the advantages and the appeal.

Does anyone find the 35HP too small for things like:
Bushhogging 20 acres of horse pasture 5-6x/year
Moving round bales
Moving gravel/snow - I have 1/2 mile gravel drive.
Occasonal "earthwork" "fun" projects - rearrange the pond etc.

Dave

/ 45HP Crate Jinma #7  
Mowing, towing, cultivation, light duty excavation, all within the scope of any 35hp 4wd. SMALL round bales might be ok with extra ballast up front. Tractors in the 30-35 hp range also are down in the 3000-3200 pound range. SMALL ponds too. Anything over a quarter acre might be better left to a bulldozer.

//greg//

/ 45HP Crate Jinma #8  
A 30hp Jinma will pull the bush (brush) hog just fine. Same with moving gravel and snow. Since you have horses, I assume the round bales are 4x4 which will be no problem. I also assume the dirt work (pond rearranging) will be without a loader, since a loader has not been mentioned so far. I think a 30hp 4WD will do you just fine.

Thanks,
Bruce

/ 45HP Crate Jinma #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does anyone find the 35HP too small for things like:
Bushhogging 20 acres of horse pasture 5-6x/year
)</font>

35 hp is going to put you in the 5' or 6' rotary mower range. that is going to be about 4-5 hours of mowing per 10ac, depending on conditions, speed you mow at, and specific size of the mower.. etc.

Soundguy

/ 45HP Crate Jinma #10  
Soundguy, what are you hogging in Florida, Gators? I thought sand was the only thing I saw when stationed down there.

Bill