4700 Series (4710) - AC Question(s)

/ 4700 Series (4710) - AC Question(s) #1  

HereBull

Tractor
4710 MF
Hello all,

I wanted to put this question out there in hopes that maybe someone else has been down this path or has information that could ease my troubles. I've got a 4710 (2019 model) that has been a pain in my side from the moment I got it (things have gotten better but still a few issues remain) and one of the issues that is cropping up again as we go into summer is the AC system.

Long story short, this tractor had missing sensors from the dealer lot it came from and several parts looked like they had been swapped out at one time (my thoughts were parts tractor). Most of the sensor and DEF issues have been resolved thankfully.

Right now the biggest issue that remains is the AC fan speed, on setting #4 it moves a LOT less air than other 4710's I've sat in. Originally I was told it was the duct-work that was the problem, so I got a chance to pull the headliner down and all the ducts are sealed with a gratuitous amount of duct tape which was surprising.

This leads me to believe it might be the blower motor itself - But before I start tearing into it, was hoping others that have a 4700 series could chime in on this aspect. Per a youtube video by DLH Farms, it sounds like there was a blower motor replacement around the 2017ish year that upped the fan speed in these tractors, and thus from that year onwarwd, it wasn't an issue.

A few of the things I am trying to determine are:

1. Was there indeed an upgraded motor around that year (2017) and if so, did AgCo cover the cost of it?
  2. If there was a motor replacement, was the new unit visually different or anything that can be determined visually if I had it and a new one side by side?
  3. Were there actually 3 different blower motors for the series? (Original up to about 2017, replacement from 2017 to 2019, then a newer one for 2019 onward)

Does anyway know if replacement motors ordered from the parts department would use the newer high-speed motor, or is the old slower speed one still in inventory? I am debating on ordering one to see but it would be great to know before-hand.

Also in addition to the above, did AgCo come out with an even newer motor after 2019? I notice on the parts website, the diagrams show that you can order a motor up to about March of 2019 for serial numbers (ACW0214080), after that it says "Contact dealer - Non serviceable part.

In a nutshell this tractor is miserable in the summer here in NC for hay due to the really low air-flow on setting #4 and I'm hoping I can get to the bottom of this. Mostly looking to see if anyone else has been down this path, has photos or knowledge they could share.

Thanks!

/ 4700 Series (4710) - AC Question(s) #2  
There were no blower motor upgrades in 2017 or 2019 to my knowledge. AGCO released a service bulletin to dealers in 2017 and two service bulletins in 2019 regarding the air conditioner and a bulletin in 2018 about a/c compressor noise. The air conditioner system was changed in production late 2021/early 2022 - part of that change includes a different blower motor. I believe there is now a kit available for customers to purchase if they want to install the new air conditioner system but it will require dealer installation.

/ 4700 Series (4710) - AC Question(s)
There were no blower motor upgrades in 2017 or 2019 to my knowledge. AGCO released a service bulletin to dealers in 2017 and two service bulletins in 2019 regarding the air conditioner and a bulletin in 2018 about a/c compressor noise. The air conditioner system was changed in production late 2021/early 2022 - part of that change includes a different blower motor. I believe there is now a kit available for customers to purchase if they want to install the new air conditioner system but it will require dealer installation.
Thanks for the info! That is what I was hoping to get since the two dealers I've talked with weren't sure, one did mention the AC retrofit but mentioned they were still trying to work out the time it took to install and did indeed confirm it was entirely out of pocket as Agco felt the current AC system was adequate.

Good to know that its not worth replacing my blower motor with another from the parts catalog!