4707 with SCR warning light?

/ 4707 with SCR warning light? #1  

timmar

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 4707
Yeah, I know the 4707 does not have SCR. Mine (with less than 15 hours) runs for 10 minutes from a cold start, throws the SCR warning light, goes another 5 minutes or so, then belches black smoke like I am rolling coal. Then loses power to the point that raising the loader will kill the engine. After it cools down for several hours, it will do the same thing again.

I have 2 calls in to the dealer. After the first one the answer was to run it until I get an error code. Now it won't even go that long.

Any Ideas?

/ 4707 with SCR warning light?
Dealer is sending a tech out tomorrow. They say they have seen this before with an EGR valve linkage problem. Too bad I am not close enough to the tractor to see if that is the problem before they send the tech.

/ 4707 with SCR warning light? #3  
It will be interesting to learn what the issue is, keep us posted.

/ 4707 with SCR warning light? #4  
I can't imagine how a EGR valve issue would be causing that issue without throwing a code.

/ 4707 with SCR warning light? #5  
I'm at 20 hours on my 4707 so far and I don't have a clue. Hopefully it's an easy fix for the tech when he gets there. Things like this make me very nervous. That tractor has a lot of electronics!!!!

/ 4707 with SCR warning light? #6  
was it earlier years that didn't use SCR?
I was bored and looked around and everything I saw mentioned SCR (eg tractordata.com (link)) showed SCR through out.

/ 4707 with SCR warning light? #7  
Paint in the EGR linkage from the factory and/or EGR linkage rod length adjustment.

/ 4707 with SCR warning light?
jeepcj7 has it. The EGR linkage rod was misadjusted. No more black smoke, but the SCR light still comes on at about 10 minutes. It starts reducing power at about 20 minutes. Dealer is picking it up Monday so they can work on it in the shop.

My guess (and it is only a guess) is that the soot fouled the O2 sensor or something and any exhaust sensors will need to be replaced. We will know in a few days.

/ 4707 with SCR warning light? #9  
jeepcj7 has it. The EGR linkage rod was misadjusted. No more black smoke, but the SCR light still comes on at about 10 minutes. It starts reducing power at about 20 minutes. Dealer is picking it up Monday so they can work on it in the shop.

My guess (and it is only a guess) is that the soot fouled the O2 sensor or something and any exhaust sensors will need to be replaced. We will know in a few days.
What was the outcome on repairs