4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade

/ 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade #11  
Thinking that a search on the net will yield a DIY circuit that can be built easily (friend put one in his car in the middle 70's from Radio Shack parts). But have not looked for a video to do that.

/ 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade #12  
I keep meaning to build an intermittent delay for my wipers....never get around to doing it though.

/ 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade #13  
My Kubota has intermittent on the front wiper but not the rear, not that I use the rear much except with snowblowing. It's primary use is moving hay chaff off the rear window.

/ 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade #14  
My Kubota has intermittent on the front wiper but not the rear, not that I use the rear much except with snowblowing. It's primary use is moving hay chaff off the rear window.
Did it come with that, or did you add it. Just wondering. I really rarely use my rear wiper also, but front gets used a lot.

/ 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade #15  
Last edited:
   / 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade #16  
When I bought my 4052R, it didn't have a rear wiper. I had the dealer install one since I have a 3PH snow blower. Pretty nice, actually. My only complaint is it doesn't have a park function.
One thing I do wish Deere wipers had is an intermittent function
Because they are not expensive enough???

/ 4R Cab Rear Wiper Upgrade
Well, I pulled the trigger on the "upgrade" rear wiper kit for my 4066R. Has a new part number BXX10704, cost is $240 for the kit plus an hour install. Now I have a wiper that clears my line of sight when I turn around to back up. The new wiper cleans the glass up to the bottom of the right hinge and it extends (to the right) well past the hinge.

The original wiper started lifting off the curve in the glass right about where the reflection of the sun is in the second picture. By the time it got into my line of sight nearly half the wiper blade was off the glass. I even tried installing a longer blade as someone previously suggested, and bending the original arm somewhat - didn't help.

Should Deere have put a better solution on the tractor from the factory? - Hell yeah.
Am I happy with the result? - Hell yeah.

It was worth it to me, and snowblowing season will be here before we know it. That'll be the real test...

Attachments

• IMG_4018 Large.jpeg
    IMG_4018 Large.jpeg
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4019 Large.jpeg
    IMG_4019 Large.jpeg
    955.5 KB · Views: 64