4x20 Open Station SCV (2011 or sn 81000 or newer) information / discussion thread.

/ 4x20 Open Station SCV (2011 or sn 81000 or newer) information / discussion thread. #1  

dusty3030

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010 Cab, Kioti RX7320 Powershuttle/ Cab, Kubota M7040 HDC, Kubota U35-4, John Deere 317G
JD, bless their hearts, is a little bit confusing on the build your own and somewhat on JD Parts on what is what on the SCV options on these tractors. I have a 2011 4120 that i have so far installed the EH 3rd, the lever operated 4th and 5th, and the 3 rd function hard line kit on the loader.
I looked up, ordered from my dealer, and installed these three kits on my tractor using only instructions that came with the kits and schematics from JD Parts.
This will take me a few days to complete and I hope I will able to provide answers to anyone who is buying one new or looking to upgrade one they have.
I would ask if anyone has done the power beyond or diverter kit and installed themselves please add their experience with that.
Bear with me, but over the next week or so I hope to have this done.

/ 4x20 Open Station SCV (2011 or sn 81000 or newer) information / discussion thread. #2  
You may find this document handy

Attachments

• 4720 hyd plans.pdf
    47.9 KB · Views: 362
   / 4x20 Open Station SCV (2011 or sn 81000 or newer) information / discussion thread.
You may find this document handy
Awesome - I have been saving pictures to my computer and working this up. This helps! Where in the heck to plumb in the Power Beyond Kit in addition to the EH 3rd or the manual 4th and 5th had me stumped. I will add that now.

I hope to have this in pictures and explanations posted in a day or so. Thanks again!

/ 4x20 Open Station SCV (2011 or sn 81000 or newer) information / discussion thread. #4  
The way it's supposed to be plumbed is kind of stupid....After the dual mid SCV's the supply goes to the PB, then the 4th and 5th SCV's, then the 3rd EH SCV, then the rock shaft. I thought that was kind of odd, because if you had the backhoe on, all of the hydraulics back there would be disabled. It would be nice if the 3rd EH SCV would work, so you could dig a stump out with the hoe, then cart it off with the grapple.

If I get a hoe, I will probably replumb it so the PB is after the 3rd EH SCV.
So you probably noticed from the chart I posted, that there are different hardline kits for the different combinations. I would save all the extras in case you want to replumb down the road. I think you could feed the PB loop after the 3rd SCV by making only 1 custom hardline...if you save the extras.
I have a 4720 open station with the 3rd EH, 4th and 5th and PB, so let me know if you want a picture or 2.

/ 4x20 Open Station SCV (2011 or sn 81000 or newer) information / discussion thread.
Arlen, thanks for the information. I was thinking the same or close to you on that, if you have the EH3 and the 4th and 5th you might as well make your own PB kit.
The 4th and 5th gives you the tee on the dump back to the tank so all you have to do is do what you suggest and go after instead of before 3,4,5 - or how they run in order of 4,5,3:)