Buying Advice 4X4 TRACTOR

/ 4X4 TRACTOR #1  

GSP974

I AM LOOKING TO BUY A GOOD TRACTOR FOR MY LIL FARM. I WANT ABOUT A 45 HP OR SO WITH A FRONT END LOADER. I HAVE A L2900 KUBOTA. I LOVE IT. HAD IT 10 YEARS AND LIL OR NO PROBLEMS.. I AM INTERESTED IN TYM TRACTORS AND NOW HAVE FOUND A KAMA. NAME MEANS NOTHING TO ME!!!! I JUST WANT A DEPENDABLE TRACTOR.MY FIRST TRACTOR WAS A MITSUBISHI 4X4 AND MY UNCLE OWNER IT TIL HE PASSED AND NOW HIS SON USES IT. ANOTHER GREAT TRACTOR. ANY IDEAS ... RECOMMENDATIONS. ALL EARS. ALSO WOULD LIKE ONE WITH A CAB IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. EMAIL GSP974@HOTMAIL.COM

/ 4X4 TRACTOR #2  
iwould stick with kubota jd massey case ih them tractor cheaper for a reason they are junk my current tractor a kubota i used to ran a case 245 21 hp fel 4x4

/ 4X4 TRACTOR #3  
Until I traded it in, the KM454 (45 hp KAMA) was the best tractor I owned. Dead simple to work on, **** near bullet proof machine. But since you didn't identify your location, it's not possible to speculate on price and availability. I can tell you however - that in the USA - they weren't imported after 2006. So any you find would be used. The good news is that parts are still available. Nor in the US were cabbed versions available. But I wouldn't be surprised to find a cabbed KM454 in Canada. Even if you find one w/o loader, Koyker can still custom fit the KM454 with a quality loader

//greg//

Last edited:
   / 4X4 TRACTOR #4  
I would look at the L3900 since u like Kubota and had good luck with it.

I looked at Mahindra 4025, Kubota L3200 & L3900 and Massey Ferguson 2605. All were 4x4's. Finally chose the 2605 MF. Mainly because the power of the loader, wider and heavier tractor. Also had good luck with the MF135 I traded in. Also it was about 5K less than the 4025 and 1.5K less than the Kubota L3900, which I almost chose.

/ 4X4 TRACTOR #5  
iwould stick with kubota jd massey case ih them tractor cheaper for a reason they are junk my current tractor a kubota i used to ran a case 245 21 hp fel 4x4
And you base your statement on what? Prejudice? If they were "junk", there wouldn't be any happy owners such as there is.

/ 4X4 TRACTOR #6  
I have two tractors, a Ford and a Jinma. The Jinma has been a great tractor in the nine years i have had utter and about 1000 hours.

Chris

/ 4X4 TRACTOR #7  
Some people simply like to come onto a CHINESE tractor list and trash them. Little things do please little minds, eh?

I have Jinma 30 hp that consistently outworks my friend's 40hp Kubota - and is more dependable (less breakage) to boot. Now, that's mostly because I do not cowboy my rig and he beats the crap outta his regularly. However, Chinese tractors do require consistent maintenance and some mechanical ability on the part of the owner - if you want a tractor that doesn't need maintenance, there ain't no such critter.

If you have no ability to do your own wrenching, I'd suggest buying from a local dealer and get whatever they sell - they'll be there to work on it, which you're going to need, sooner or later.

/ 4X4 TRACTOR #8  
Some people simply like to come onto a CHINESE tractor list and trash them. Little things do please little minds, eh?

True. You can tell a bit about a person by their punctuation, spelling, grammar, and the general command (or lack thereof) of the English language. However, that does not apply to Chris because he's been under a little stress lately. :thumbsup:

/ 4X4 TRACTOR #9  
True. You can tell a bit about a person by their punctuation, spelling, grammar, and the general command (or lack thereof) of the English language
I thought maybe he was fired from his job translating Chinese manuals into English -- style and prose look similar to some manuals that used to come with Chinese products:confused3:
Most of the Chinese tractors I have seen here with cabs were Fotons. As I have said here a few times before, I would buy Chinese again in a heartbeat when faced with the inflated prices for "reliable" used 1960's vintage machines (one of which I own)-- JMHO

/ 4X4 TRACTOR #10  
I have a TYM 451 with loader 45hp glass cab.Love it.It has the Kubota engine in it.If you go 50hp you can get the cat engine.But kubota engine's are preety much bullet proof