5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today
I’ve built 12 engines from bare block... mostly Model T and A and 289 Fords with 455 Olds

Too many irons in the fire now for any new ones.

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today #63  
He said it put a rod through the block. Thereç—´ not much fixing that.

A little JBWeld and it'll be fine. (Sarcasm meter should be going off the chart here.)

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today #64  
Can't an eight run on seven? Not like it was fuel efficient to begn with. This could actually be a blessing. Patch the hole and pretend it never happened.

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today #65  
Can't an eight run on seven? Not like it was fuel efficient to begn with. This could actually be a blessing. Patch the hole and pretend it never happened.

If you could reprogram it to fire in the correct order with 7 cylinders it might run pretty good. But a V8 with a dead cylinder runs terrible.

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today

Since you mention it...

I was given a slant 6 Dart with a thrown rod...

The State had a vehicle retirement program where the car had to start and drive forward and reverse to be eligible.

I dropped the pan, cut the rod with my victor cutting torch and buttoned it up.

The next day I drove it to the inspection station and got my money...

It had little power and shook like a wet dog but drove.

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today #67  
I love people that are not conformists! Or at the least, people that can use their brains to their own best advantage. Or at least TRIED, before it all went horribly wrong.

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today #68  
A little JBWeld and it'll be fine. (Sarcasm meter should be going off the chart here.)

There are two applicable meter scales to choose from. Take your pick :laughing:

8D88B3CD-FD3C-40B4-A1E5-526C3361BD78.jpeg DEC8C7EB-2EBE-44F0-9737-84F430E77B69.jpeg

/ 5.7 Hemi Durango Grenaded Today #70  
what's the as-is resale value of it out there? is there any demand for rust free shells with drivetrain issues? you would think you can do better than the $475 scrap price.