5' Rotary Cutter Options

/ 5' Rotary Cutter Options #31  
Dont forget the USA made Titan Implements.

The heavy duty smooth top 300 series, model 305 is a 100HPO box, 10G steel, 1/2" stump jumper and is a heavy built and thick walled machine. I like mine a lot, but mine is a 72".

/ 5' Rotary Cutter Options #32  
Looks like a Big bee.
I bought a used Big Bee Agri 5 for $150. Busted stump jumper.
Replaced the stump jumper with a heavy duty one and blades from Tractor supply.
$400 total in the thing and it just doesn't quit.
Needs some reinforcing in a few places for the 3 point but otherwise it has done a great job.
If you're under 20-25 PTO HP this is a good option since it is lighter and doesn't suck much HP.
Not a big bee. They (LMC) make their own products Rotary cutters, Disk, and other ground engaging implements at their facility, about 50 miles from my home.
I have this cutter behind my MX5100 and have had no issues with it.
You can get them with ha higher HP gear box but I have seen no need to do so.
I have run this small unit behind my CX105 a time or two. It did great, just looks funny.

/ 5' Rotary Cutter Options #33  
Not a big bee. They (LMC) make their own products Rotary cutters, Disk, and other ground engaging implements at their facility, about 50 miles from my home.
I have this cutter behind my MX5100 and have had no issues with it.
You can get them with ha higher HP gear box but I have seen no need to do so.
I have run this small unit behind my CX105 a time or two. It did great, just looks funny.
IS that a 5' cutter?

/ 5' Rotary Cutter Options #34  
Last edited:
   / 5' Rotary Cutter Options #35  
People seem to make a big deal out of material cutting size. Sure, higher numbers is likely to mean a stouter unit, but very few people are actually going to be pushing that rating on a regular basis. No way would I be looking to chew through 2" material non-stop. The racket becomes unbearable: step it up to 3" if you really want to rattle your nerves. One is always just waiting for something to break!

And whatever you do, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE PROPER "FUSE" IN YOUR PTO SHAFT, be it a shear pin (low grade rating) or a slip clutch (properly adjusted). Chewing up bigger material means bigger impacts, impacts that can feed back and mess up your tractor's PTO.

I'd run a light duty 5' brush hog on my B7800 for many years, mowing a LOT of brush as well as grass: first brush hog; wasn't loaded with money at the time- bought a used (but nearly new) unit. Broke tail wheels but never anything else. Now have a Landpride RC1860 (bought heavily used; got it for the quick hitch and floating top link, things which my original unit didn't have) and it's amply capable of being worked hard- with a good 1,000 hrs of this kind of work (between the two tractors) I feel that I have a fair grasp of these things. The medium duty 6' Bush Hog (old 286) I got for my Kioti has introduced me to an exponential step up in nerve rattling as it makes a horrendous amount of racket as it thrashes large material; it has only helped in my appreciation for having a cabbed tractor (shields out a lot of noise).

NOTE: having an hydraulic top link means you can get into a bit more trouble by raising the rear of the cutter up and into and on stuff. Of course, this doesn't stop me (I do this a lot).:D

/ 5' Rotary Cutter Options #37  

The heavy duty smooth top 300 series, model 305 is a 100HPO box, 10G steel, 1/2" stump jumper and is a heavy built and thick walled machine. I like mine a lot, but mine is a 72".

RC, what is the difference between '306-1-TW' and '306-2-TW'?
Not seeing anything in the documentation. Thanks!

1633699520582.png

/ 5' Rotary Cutter Options #38  
Quick hitches are wonderful
As long as the cutter is compatible...

Had a Bush Bull 5' cutter a few years ago that hook up to a 3PH or Quick Hitch. IIRC, the difference between the 2 methods of hooking up was how much the cutter could float. It was a well used Craigslist purchase....and if this is your first rotary cutter, maybe used is a better choice.
I use a flail mower now...gave the cutter to a friend for his hunting camp. Really wish I'd kept the cutter since it is a better way to go with tall vegetation

/ 5' Rotary Cutter Options #39  

I understand that other people can have a different experience, but my Titan 72" cutter has bent every time it has had a chance. The specs look good but it looks twice as rough as my Brushbull even though is has been used less than 1/2 as much. I do contract mowing, so I subject it to more abuse,