50 Hour Greasing

/ 50 Hour Greasing #1  

rjpotts

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SEHC
I'm doing the 50 hour service on my CK3510 SE HST Cab. Changed filters / fluids and moving on to greasing.

There's one location shown in the manual that I can't find, page 7-22 shows a zerk at the "Position Control Lever Shaft Housing". Anyone have any guidance which might help me find that zerk location?

Other than that I'm surprised the only "critical" grease point the manual calls for is the front axle pivot area. Am I missing something?

/ 50 Hour Greasing #2  
As far as I can tell, I don't have that one either, but don't have a cab. Thinking that is for the rear Lift Arm control lever, so if you don't have that option...

/ 50 Hour Greasing
As far as I can tell, I don't have that one either, but don't have a cab. Thinking that is for the rear Lift Arm control lever, so if you don't have that option...
I do have the rear lift arm control lever but didn't see a zerk for greasing it.

/ 50 Hour Greasing #4  
For sure the axle pivot is critical, very! That one works hard.*
All zerks should get grease every 8 hours

For non zerk locations I like to use a plain old squirt oil can for an occasional 'oiling'.

*On my CUT I added some plumbing to move the zerk to a more accessible location.
Saves me from crawling under to grease it.

/ 50 Hour Greasing #5  
For sure the axle pivot is critical, very! That one works hard.*
All zerks should get grease every 8 hours

For non zerk locations I like to use a plain old squirt oil can for an occasional 'oiling'.

*On my CUT I added some plumbing to move the zerk to a more accessible location.
Saves me from crawling under to grease it.
Heck no, I just welded them zerks shut. No need to bother with all of that expensive grease. Ma just runs over a squealer once in awhile and we call it good! So much oil in the ground here in Texas...'how much oil is there?'. Well tarnation, just drag a t- post in the front of the tractor and presto, oiled undercarriage. I wish I could get signed up for a 50-hour greasing. Its been a long time. ' how long has it been?'. Last time I had a good greasing, Old Yeller was just plain Yeller.

Apologies to anyone being serious tonight... Its Friday and I've been dealing all week with TikTok addled teenagers.

/ 50 Hour Greasing #6  
Heck no, I just welded them zerks shut. No need to bother with all of that expensive grease. Ma just runs over a squealer once in awhile and we call it good! So much oil in the ground here in Texas...'how much oil is there?'. Well tarnation, just drag a t- post in the front of the tractor and presto, oiled undercarriage. I wish I could get signed up for a 50-hour greasing. Its been a long time. ' how long has it been?'. Last time I had a good greasing, Old Yeller was just plain Yeller.

Apologies to anyone being serious tonight... Its Friday and I've been dealing all week with TikTok addled teenagers.
Just get a gusher going and park the tractor over it for a few minutes. Good for another year.

/ 50 Hour Greasing #7  
Either you or the manual is missing something.

Hours are so arbitrary. Let it sit in the garage for a month with hot dry temps and you should probably grease it (tacky or dry grease is probably almost as bad as undergreased). Don’t use an implement for a while, it needs new grease. Use that particular lube point hard you should grease it (FEL or 3PT fall in this category most for me). Get it dirty, clean and regrease. Get rained on, wash the tractor, or get water on it should probably grease it. Might not have to fully change the grease but one pump will show you what is or isn’t in there for the most part.

/ 50 Hour Greasing
Either you or the manual is missing something.

Hours are so arbitrary. Let it sit in the garage for a month with hot dry temps and you should probably grease it (tacky or dry grease is probably almost as bad as undergreased). Don’t use an implement for a while, it needs new grease. Use that particular lube point hard you should grease it (FEL or 3PT fall in this category most for me). Get it dirty, clean and regrease. Get rained on, wash the tractor, or get water on it should probably grease it. Might not have to fully change the grease but one pump will show you what is or isn’t in there for the most part.
I owned my last tractor for 20 years, greased per the manual, everything worked like new when I sold it.

/ 50 Hour Greasing #9  
a zerk at the "Position Control Lever Shaft Housing".

That zerk is at the base of the three point hitch control lever. It is under the operator station. If you get under the tractor in front of the rear tire and look backwards, you should see it. If you can't find it, I'll try and grab some pics later on.

Also, as far as greasing frequency, I just hit all the zerks whenever I fill up the fuel tank. That seems to be an easier interval to remember than every "x hours".

/ 50 Hour Greasing #10  
For a few years I had an Erie 15B with 1/2 yd dragline bucket & rigging. Under the house there were panels with rows of zerks for the carriage. Each was plumbed like brake lines to whatever needed grease. I never found in the manual how many strokes of the grease gun should be applied, so I'd go with 4-6 and empty a cartridge.

btw, stomping clutches lifted me off the seat. I'd paid $5500 for the Erie and sold it for <scrap value, asking $1k. Buyers cut the bolts off the boom/extension to haul and cut up all three cables, esp for the 6-part boom reaving. At $5/foot that one was >175 ft long and I warned them that they'd regret not spooling up what they could. After I drove it out to the road and onto their trailer I felt sorry for their haste, took $500 and shook my head as they drove away.

Meanwhile I can grease three tractors/FELs with one tube of grease. Ten hour intervals works for me.