50 hr. Service

/ 50 hr. Service #1  

George2615

Tractor
LS XR3037HC
Did my 50 hour service this weekend. Did the service a little early (41.5 hrs.). Used factory LS filters. All went smooth. I went with Delo Synthetic 5-40 for the engine. Changed the Hydraulic and HST filters also then topped off. Went thru everything on the 50 hr. checklist and didn't find anything loose. Greased all fittings etc. When completed I installed my tire chains. I was surprised the filters came off easily with a filter wrench. Usually factory original filters are installed by Bigfoot and hard to remove.

/ 50 hr. Service #2  
Hate to ask a dumb question because I haven't looked it up in my manual yet, but my 3038H is coming due for its 50 hr and I was planning on doing filters and inspection myself. Is the hyd oil change a requirement or simply a "nice to have"?

/ 50 hr. Service #3  
Hate to ask a dumb question because I haven't looked it up in my manual yet, but my 3038H is coming due for its 50 hr and I was planning on doing filters and inspection myself. Is the hyd oil change a requirement or simply a "nice to have"?

The manual that came with my XR4046 only has the hydraulic filter being changed at 50 hrs not the hydraulic oil. I think they want to get the filter out as it may collect machining bits and pieces left from the build. This makes more sense than my BobCat CT235 that required all fluids changed at 50hrs. A quick $600+ ticket if you had the dealer do it.

Just FYI : My dealer told me the LS oil filter for my machine has a built in oil bypass if the filter clogs and therefore it may be some time for an aftermarket oil filter that would cover you under warranty.

/ 50 hr. Service
The way I read my book it says to only change the filter with no mention of changing the fluid until the 250 hour service. I changed the engine oil, hydraulic and HST filters just to be safe. The first 50 hours of use is when all the internal mating surfaces mesh with each other. Hopefully the filters have captured any fine metal that may have worn off. I know its expensive but That's what I did.
Note I did not drain and replace the hyd. fluid, I only changed the hyd. and hst filters (as quickly as possible since fluid is coming out once you loosen them) and then refilled to the full mark on the dipstick what came out.
Only full change was engine oil and filter. Air filters were fine and saw no need to change the fuel filter.

/ 50 hr. Service #5  
Where did you order the filters from and what reference did you use to get the correct part numbers?

/ 50 hr. Service
Where did you order the filters from and what reference did you use to get the correct part numbers?

I have the parts manual on CD. It is also online as a free download for all LS tractors. I ordered my filters from the dealer. I had gone to the dealer and bought the filters they had in stock, the rest I paid for and had shipped to me direct.