5030 and his concerns re soil compaction

/ 5030 and his concerns re soil compaction #2  
I've always thought that - more trips with my light tractor & hayrake = less trips with the heavy tractor & baler. I've _never_ understood taking a 4020 or bigger tractor & going raking with a 9' roll-a-bar. Seems like it's so hard on the alfalfa plant....

--->Paul

/ 5030 and his concerns re soil compaction #3  
I usually use my Ford 640 to rake with and to double up the rows. However, where I am cutting now I don't have the 640 there as it is having some problems that need fixing and have to use the TN for everything. The guy who wants the fields cut wants me there just about every sunny day to cut and bale but needs good hay for his horses so it can not get rained on. Even after 5 days of good dry weather my baler and wagon will still sink in his fields. All he cares about is getting the hay in his barn and this year is a tough one. Crops might suffer some but that is how it is this year as the weather won't help any of the farmers here.

/ 5030 and his concerns re soil compaction #4  
I use my Gator to rake with the side delivery rake and the 4600 to rake with the v-rake. However the 4600 doesn't always have enough power. I just ordered a 5303 which is a light utility tractor to do these tasks that the 4600 is too light in power.