5030 HST hydraulic leak

/ 5030 HST hydraulic leak #1  

5030tinkerer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota GL3830/GL5030
Just wondering whether anyone else has ever had a hydraulic leak on their 5030 HST. My unit has had a very minor leak for a few months that just tonight got much, much worse. I haven't looked at it yet other than to notice that it seems to be coming from one of the metal lines on the driver side just forward of the seat area, but realized that my "bumper to bumper" warranty expired just last week. Sigh.

I'm guessing that I'll need to drain all the fluid before cracking that line if I don't want an even bigger mess.

/ 5030 HST hydraulic leak #2  
I sounds like it could be the hydrostatic transmission filter is loose. As the temp drops the fluid gets thicker and on startup will want to blow out the o-ring.

Unfortunately, the fluid will about all come out when you take off the filter. You can check to see if it is coming from there. If it is, you can try and retighten (never worked for me) or just buy a new filter $$.

Just a guess!
jb

/ 5030 HST hydraulic leak #3  
I had two metal lines blow on the loader. It was "new guy operator" error. I pushed brush with the bucked slanted down without moving the joystick to activate the pressure relief valve. Seeing what happen with my metal line I would suspect that your metal line does not have a crack in, or it it would have blown - unless that metal line has a lot lower pressure.

/ 5030 HST hydraulic leak
I found the leak tonight - it wasn't hard. It's a metal line leaking right at the connection. The line in question is about 6" towards the front of the tractor from the hydraulic filter on the drivers side. It's about a 3/8" line with a 17mm nut on it. With the engine idling, fluid comes out of the line at the connection in a solid stream. With the engine off, it drips about a drop a minute. I put a wrench on it to see if it was loose and indeed got maybe half a turn out of it without going nuts on the pressure, but the leak is still there. I'm thinking that the line must have an o-ring in it that's gone south. Does anyone know for sure if an o-ring is in there? I'm thinking I will have to drain the fluid (oh joy) before cracking it and would like to have everything I need when I do.

/ 5030 HST hydraulic leak #5  
5030 tinkerer,

I am looking at the exploded parts diagram and will try to attach pdf's of the diagram and part numbers.

Let me know if this is the right diagram; I have the entire parts manual on CD.

Attachments

• 37710 Filter Assembly.pdf
    264.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 37710 Filter Asy Numbers.pdf
    115 KB · Views: 178
   / 5030 HST hydraulic leak #6  
5030tinkerer said:
I found the leak tonight - it wasn't hard. It's a metal line leaking right at the connection. The line in question is about 6" towards the front of the tractor from the hydraulic filter on the drivers side.

Driver's side? You got one of them newfangled two seaters? ;)

I'm thinking I will have to drain the fluid (oh joy) before cracking it and would like to have everything I need when I do.

Cracking it? I'm just following this out of curiosity and trying to learn something but you don't mean splitting the tractor do you?

/ 5030 HST hydraulic leak #7  
I bought a used L5030 (no manual). The guy I bought it from had extra filters including a small one labeled Hydrostat filter . . . The main hydraulic filter is obvious, but a little one for the hydro is not . . . where does it go?

TIA
Rick

/ 5030 HST hydraulic leak #8  
The 5030HSTC model has two filters; one is a low (relatively) pressure "Hydraulic" filter on the starboard side just below the tractor operator step. The part number is TA040-37710

The higher pressure (relative to the above filter) "HST Filter"is mounted on the port side, in almost diametric opposed fashion, just below the tractor operator step. The part number is TA240-59900

Think of wings on an aircraft to imagine their location.

/ 5030 HST hydraulic leak
Thanks for the diagrams! Sadly, my leak is not coming from anything pictured there. The leak is on the starboard side (never could remember what was starboard - ergo, the "driver side" comment <g>), just in front of the hydraulic filter mentioned at about the 9:00 position, about 6" forward of the filter. There is another, much larger (3/4" or larger) line a few inches forward of this one that is leaking, but that one is fine.

I called the dealer, who indicated that I needed to trace the line to figure out where it went to enable an easier lookup. I am no where near the tractor at present and recall that the line goes up and over the drivetrain and then off somewhere that I couldn't readily see.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could someone with an HST handy look to see where this line goes so that I can get a replacement line, o-ring, or whatever it is that seals that connection before the dealer shuts down for the weekend?