5035 Fuel Delivery Problem

/ 5035 Fuel Delivery Problem
Does anyone know what size fuel lines are on the 5035. Both my trucks have been down and Mahindra couldn't pick it up, so I'm going to replace all braided lines and they will put the factory lines on in 20 hrs, which will be the 50 hr. service interval.. It looks to be 5/16, but no one around here has it. I have 3/8 here. If I can get it to seal up good with the clamps, will the bigger hose throw off the pressures?
TIA,
Duke

Well, the answer for anyone who wants to commit it to memory is : 3.5 in. braided line on FIP side of fuel filter is 3/8 in. All the rest are 5/16 ;)

/ 5035 Fuel Delivery Problem #13  
Thanks Duke. When you get done replacing yours, how about letting us know about how much hose it takes/size to replace them. Might do mine, someday.... :)

/ 5035 Fuel Delivery Problem #14  
Me Two
Thanks Duke. When you get done replacing yours, how about letting us know about how much hose it takes/size to replace them. Might do mine, someday.... :)

/ 5035 Fuel Delivery Problem #15  
I just purchased a MPower 85. My dealer told me that one of the things they do for dealer prep is to replace the fuel lines. The dealer believes that the fuel lines that come from India are not sufficient for our grade of diesel fuel.

Ok, here are the measurements and thanks for everyone's help. Tractor is up and running good. Did a couple of extras while I was waiting on lines. Split some small radiator hose and wrapped high pressure hydraulic line that was real close to the + post of starter, some electrical lines resting on sharp edges coming through the firewall, and to the remote hydraulic lines rubbing on the inner fender. Also, switched the adjustable lift arm to the left side, because it only had a 3/4 turn adjustment radius due to the crank hitting the added second remote box.

Short braided from FIP side of fuel filter: 3/8 in. hose x 3.5 inches

Braided line from tank to firewall side fuel filter: 5/16 x 32 inches

Braided line from tank to low hanging part of metal return line: 5/16 x 29 inches

Braided line from firewall side FIP to highest part of metal return line: 5/16 x 20 7/8 inches

I, also, went with some smaller clamps which sealed up better, imho ;)

Duke

/ 5035 Fuel Delivery Problem #17  
I just purchased a MPower 85. My dealer told me that one of the things they do for dealer prep is to replace the fuel lines. The dealer believes that the fuel lines that come from India are not sufficient for our grade of diesel fuel.

Sounds a little funny to me. At my dealer, different models started coming with the updated lines at different times, and some models were never affected, and many models don't come from or get parts from India. To make it a standard practice as part of the dealer prep seems a little like throwing good money away... Perhaps it is their standard practice on models known to have issues. To change the newer updated lines seems a bit off as the new lines from Mahindra are actually better than typical auto-parts-store fuel lines. They have the same heat resistant high pressure wrap as many hydraulic hoses have. I am not 100% sure, but think the M85 was designed after the fuel line issues of the 35 series had been identified and changes made on the assembly line.

I give Mahindra a lot of credit on the fix, because their fix with their new lines I believe to be a better fix than a person will typically come up with on their own. Those new lines are some really nice quality, better than what I see in local parts stores sold as fuel line...

Wish mine had been done prior to getting it, but they are going to do it, whenever I take it in. Btw, do y'all perform your own 50hr. service or is it better to have the dealer do it for warranty purposes?

/ 5035 Fuel Delivery Problem #19  
Wish mine had been done prior to getting it, but they are going to do it, whenever I take it in. Btw, do y'all perform your own 50hr. service or is it better to have the dealer do it for warranty purposes?

My dealer recommended I do it myself if I had nothing else to be done. They were very informative of the exact process, showed me exactly what to do with another they had on the lot. With the 50 hour there isn't much to it that can go wrong. If you have other things you would like them to look at, then take it in. Otherwise you can do it in the field, wherever the clock happens to hit 50.

I agree Sysop. The new lines in your picture look a lot beefier than the auto parts ones. I made sure, prior to cutting these off that they would still update this tractor to the newer lines at the next visit. They, just, told me to bring the old lines.

Roger that on the 50 hr. service.