5055E Engine Information Alarm

/ 5055E Engine Information Alarm #1  

Dan J

Tractor
2017 John Deere 5055E, 2003 Mahindra C35
Hi All,
I have a 2017 5055E with about 65 hours on it and I'm getting an Engine information alarm and then a stop warning. The tractor automatically powers down and I parked the tractor when it started. I checked the manual and it said to check the engine oil level so I did and it was fine. A dealer suggested that the fuel filters may be getting clogged but those appear to be fine as well. I recently added a grapple to the FEL and with two additional hoses and this is when it all started. I checked the hydraulic fluid levels and they are, as expected, a little lower than before but not too low. I spoke to the dealer and they say hydraulic fluid has nothing to do with.

I've been out of town for work so I haven't had a chance to trouble shoot since this started, I just wanted to check if anyone had any advice on it before I haul it back to the dealer and get charged for something that's probably pretty simple.

/ 5055E Engine Information Alarm #2  
There are unfortunately many things that can cause the lights to come on and derate. The filter is the most common problem. You said the filter "appeared" ok. Did you actually change it? Adding extra hydraulic hoses should have no effect on engine unless a wire was accidently unhooked or a fuel line was pinched possibly. Is the regen switch in the "auto" position? If regen has been turned off or if tractor does not run long enough to complete regen, exhaust filter can become clogged. Probably best to have your dealer check codes to find out what the actual problem is. Most likely it is something warranty will cover.

/ 5055E Engine Information Alarm #3  
My 2015 5065E had a strainer attached to fuel hose fitting at tank, mine was stopped up with gel from "bio diesel", had same symptoms you described. I cleaned it twice then did away with it & replaced with inline filter I could see. 2017 models may not have strainer like mine did?

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...1514-new-5045e-john-deere-stalls-img_0387-jpg

2015 5065E W/FEL, MX6, 7' Box Blade, 10' BigBee Bush Hog
2015 3038E W/FEL & Frontier 7' Finish Mower
36B,

/ 5055E Engine Information Alarm #4  
I didn’t know it had a regen switch would you tell me where it is at, my tractor may not have it it is a early 2020 model!

/ 5055E Engine Information Alarm #5  
Having the same problem but it may be the fuel system because I did not have any problems until I added more fuel.

/ 5055E Engine Information Alarm #6  
Rwmoore
Welcome to TBN

You

/ 5055E Engine Information Alarm #7  
Welcome.
It’s likely your search lead to this thread from 5 years ago. Unfortunately, sometimes people never reply what the problem was once they get running.
If you’re having similar problems as OP, I’d wonder where are you located, did the temperatures suddenly drop, and how treated/mixed is your fuel for the temps?