5093 E limited. is this a good deal

/ 5093 E limited. is this a good deal #1  

RADIUM

Gold Member
Tractor
NEW HOLLAND 2420
hi I've been on the new Holland side of things for quite a few years, I will continue to own new Holland products however I've decided to look at a John Deere to add to the family. It seems to be a very capable tractor exactly the size I need 93 hp 75 at the PTO plenty of torque to pull plows and other farm duties for a hay farm and crops. The tractor is on the dealer's lot it is a 5093 cab limited. 12 x 12 power reverse rear tire size 16.9, and the dealer will install loader 563 ,two outs and also put the hookups on the front of the loader so I can run my grapple basically without tax $45,000 is that a fair price it seems a little high to me.

/ 5093 E limited. is this a good deal
no one ?

/ 5093 E limited. is this a good deal #3  
Sounds like it is about 6.5K off list or about 12% off. Would see if he would go 4 -5 % more. Don't think they have as much wiggle room on this model.

/ 5093 E limited. is this a good deal #4  
I don't know that model very well. I paid $41K for my 5525 cab MFWD in 2005. I added a 542 loader with grapple for around $10K.

D.

/ 5093 E limited. is this a good deal
I am sorry that I didn't get back sooner I have been having a little tractor trouble , Monday morning I'm going to sit with the dealer and talk real numbers apparently he didn't price the self-leveling loader which I'm not too concerned about I've never had one so I don't know if I'll really would miss it it all . I still think he's on the high side I'm going to try a lowball offer and see if he bites then I will meet him in the middle somewhere. I can't wait to get into a wet clutch my neighbor already bought my old case which needs a clutch and a few other things like a cab ;-) so this will help with the down payment on the new tractor. I'm kind of excited there hasn't been a new John Deere on the land in a little over 45 years I think my dad will smile down from heaven he always love John Deere.

Attachments

• 127602d1240435316-field-clearing-dad.jpg 3132ï¾—2138 pixels.jpg
    127602d1240435316-field-clearing-dad.jpg 3132ï¾—2138 pixels.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 304
   / 5093 E limited. is this a good deal #7  
I am sorry that I didn't get back sooner I have been having a little tractor trouble , Monday morning I'm going to sit with the dealer and talk real numbers apparently he didn't price the self-leveling loader which I'm not too concerned about I've never had one so I don't know if I'll really would miss it it all . I still think he's on the high side I'm going to try a lowball offer and see if he bites then I will meet him in the middle somewhere. I can't wait to get into a wet clutch my neighbor already bought my old case which needs a clutch and a few other things like a cab ;-) so this will help with the down payment on the new tractor. I'm kind of excited there hasn't been a new John Deere on the land in a little over 45 years I think my dad will smile down from heaven he always love John Deere.

I have the 542 Self Leveling loader on my 5525 Cab. I would not do it again. I would recommend passing on the self leveling loader. It causes more headaches and is limiting - and it is more expensive.

D.

/ 5093 E limited. is this a good deal #8  
That price doesnt look too bad to me.

I had the dealer price out a 5083e for me,

18.4 rears
12.4 fronts
prepped for my 542 loader, valve, joystick, brackets
2 rear scv
fluid filled rear tires
radio

Price came in at about $38K.

A 5093e starts about $3K more than a 5083e, then add the loader price of $4-5K, look about right to me.

/ 5093 E limited. is this a good deal #9  
If you plan on using pallet forks, bale spear or a FEL mounted work platform, then the self leveling is very handy. Otherwise, probably not worth the extra cost. It does limit roll back when you have a load in the bucket and raising the loader.