5103 Starting Problem

/ 5103 Starting Problem #11  
Poison and traps are routine treatment where I store my tractors.. and back in the day when I had a wire chewing critter I sprayed the nest area (after cleaning it all out) with bleach to try and get rid of the mouse urine odor which seems to attract them back to their nest area.

/ 5103 Starting Problem
Get a cat or bait station (keeps bigger animals from eating the poison), not a .22 for a little mouse!

A cat wouldn't survive the bobcats, coyotes and mountain lions in the area. A bait station would work, eventually, but possibly not before he came back and finished the wiring off. A .22 loaded with rat shot is very effective, and quick.

-Matt

/ 5103 Starting Problem #13  
Just bought a 2008 JD 5103 couple of weeks ago, ordered tech manual but not here yet. Won't start or turn over and no indication of life when key is turned on. Battery is at 95%, battery connections are tight and fuse for switch is good. I'm lost as to where to go next. Please help.

/ 5103 Starting Problem #14  
I have attached a diagram of the 5103 starting system. Hope this helps. Do you have an owners manual that tells you what fuses do what? Make sure all the safety switch items are addressed ie PTO off and in neutral or park.

Attachments

• Starting System 5103.pdf
    100.5 KB · Views: 129
   / 5103 Starting Problem #15  
I'm going to be real curious to see if this is another case of rats chewing wiring.

/ 5103 Starting Problem #16  
My 5103 will not start unless i move the shifter around... I'm thinking its the neutral safety switch??? Does anyone know the location of this?? Or think it could be something else??? Thanks for the help!!

/ 5103 Starting Problem #17  
My 5103 will not start unless i move the shifter around... I'm thinking its the neutral safety switch??? Does anyone know the location of this?? Or think it could be something else??? Thanks for the help!!
Welcome to TBN
I'm not familiar with your model of tractor but I suggest for you to inspect trans case for a switch that resembles switch in photo below.
Screenshot 2022-06-17 054152.png