5105 or 4700

/ 5105 or 4700 #11  
Chillimau,

I attended a JD open house at the beginning of this month. I will try to scan the "single" spec sheet on the 5000 Twenty series. I believe most changes will be "hidden", improved ergonomics and hydraulics {same pump capacity}.

Honestly, the spec's really duplicate the 5000 Ten series...I think it will be more "touch and feel" things. No changes in hp ratings that I've seen.

{will resume, have to get my daughters @ work}

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ 5105 or 4700 #13  
Re: 5105 or 4700-48/49 Backhoe info

Thanks for the info John.

The specs sure are interesting. It looks like the digging force is 20-25% better on the JD 49 over the JD 48. Which would help me from time to time. My biggest problem digging stumps has been the reach of the backhoe, the B diminsion on the jpg you posted. The 49 has a foot + when reaching in that direction. I would really like another foot on top of that! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Course the real question doe the JD 49 cost 20-25% more than the 48. I would think it is more than that! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Getting the JD48 was a heck of a reach for me money wise but well worth it. I don't think my financial arms were/are long enough to reach and hold the JD 49! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

BUT, a JD 49 on a 5205 would have been a good combination for me but more expensive. I don't think the pocket book would allow the combination. AND the 4700 is doing the work I need it to do. The 5205/49 combination MIGHT be able to get things done faster but I'm not sure the extra cost would be worth the time saved. Time = Money! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I don't regret the purchase I made but I wonder if I would have done things differently with the 49. All depends on the dollars.....

Thanks for the info....
Dan