5325 won't start

/ 5325 won't start #1  

MikeM_NY

Tractor
Normally when I turn the key to RUN there are 3-4 beeps at which time I turn the key to Start. Today when I turn the key to RUN only one short beep and no lights or gauges move on instrument panel. IF I turn the key to Start the tractor does turn over but will not start, seems as though maybe its not getting fuel? But I'm guessing the issue is before that with the blank panel & lack of beeps?

/ 5325 won't start #2  
Mike
Welcome to TBN
Operators manual give any clues?
Hang tight, some TBN member hopefully will identify with your problem.
Any history you can offer that may help with a solution?

/ 5325 won't start
Checked all fuses and all were ok. Tried some fiddling with different positions on the light switch (4 way, headlights low, high, etc), ignition switch (on position, off, accessory), etc and got some interesting results. I'm guessing some kind of intermittent short as eventually I did get to the "normal" startup sequence of several beeps followed by the tractor starting. Tractor ran fine for about an hour then proceeding to act as though it was running out of fuel (gradual dropping of rpm with no change in throttle), and finally quit. I was pretty certain of not being out of fuel (but went and got more anyway. Only was able to put in about 7 gallons and it was completely full. On retrying to start it, I first had the "no beeps" scenario but kept trying and eventually got it started again. So asking the experts here if they agree it's more likely an intermittent short? OR some kind of fuel issue? IF electrical, where to start looking (by instrument panel, ignition switch, fuse block?). Any help would be appreciated.