55hp 4wd tractor and loader for $23,750

/ 55hp 4wd tractor and loader for $23,750
I don't own one or haven't operated one. Some locals have them and give two thumbs up. Just looking at fit, finish and close examination of construction details they look like a well built unit.

/ 55hp 4wd tractor and loader for $23,750 #13  
Tractors are just like cars? That's news to me. :eek:

Well, if the OP is buying it to resell it vs to use it, we could pitch in the diff to buy a Deere. Problem solved. :rolleyes:

It would seem quite obvious that everyone who buys a tractor is PLANNING to use it.
Do people often buy tractors PLANNING to resell them?
I don't think so!
Needs change, wants change, lives change, and used tractors are sold, for those reasons!
Is the typical RK buyer exempt from such situations?
I don't think so!

Last edited:
   / 55hp 4wd tractor and loader for $23,750 #14  
My closest TYM dealer told me a few days ago, that he had a semi load of new tractors coming in and all of them were sold. He's still moving a lot of tractors...

I'm not sure why all the whining about RK extended parts and service. Down the road, if you needs parts/service you can always get them from a TYM dealer...

SR

And... "down the road"....the TYM dealer will also service the 8 year RK warranty ????

/ 55hp 4wd tractor and loader for $23,750 #15  
While resale can have it's place it should be pretty far down on the list.
If that is your major concern go by some fine art or other crap not a tractor.
A tractor is a tool to be used.

Just think with this resale attitude Sears and Monkey Ward would never have sold a tractor or implements.

Parts and service 10 years down the road can be an issue with many things and the brand bought now may not be around in 10 years,
if it's still around it may well not be supported by the company that sold it back then,
try getting service from GE for a great many products that they once sold, not going to happen.
Where are you going to take you Buick, Pontiac, Plymouth, Imperial or numerous others Rambler and such.
Nothing has guaranteed long service any more.
How many times has Fiat tried to get established in this country and pulled out.

/ 55hp 4wd tractor and loader for $23,750 #16  
Needs change, wants change, lives change, and used tractors are sold, for those reasons!
Is the typical RK buyer exempt from such situations?
I don't think so!

I think that was my point. He's not exempt from our advice either. :laughing: It's his money not ours.

Some of us are better at reading the future.

btw, I was all set to go for a bike ride today, but I might get hit by lighting while on it. Guess it's time to sell it. I'm not exempt from possibilities.

/ 55hp 4wd tractor and loader for $23,750
Biggest cause of farm bankruptcy is over buying equipment. If using as a business tool for profit and not a hobby toy it makes dollars and sense to buy lower priced quality equipment. Issue becomes can you get parts in a timely manner.

/ 55hp 4wd tractor and loader for $23,750 #18  
And... "down the road"....the TYM dealer will also service the 8 year RK warranty ????
What kind of Warr. are you going to get for your Kubota 8 years down the road???

SR

/ 55hp 4wd tractor and loader for $23,750 #19  
What kind of Warr. are you going to get for your Kubota 8 years down the road???

SR

Good point. But some guys just cant stand any color but theres.

/ 55hp 4wd tractor and loader for $23,750 #20  
While resale can have it's place it should be pretty far down on the list.
If that is your major concern go by some fine art or other crap not a tractor.
A tractor is a tool to be used.

Just think with this resale attitude Sears and Monkey Ward would never have sold a tractor or implements.

Parts and service 10 years down the road can be an issue with many things and the brand bought now may not be around in 10 years,
if it's still around it may well not be supported by the company that sold it back then,
try getting service from GE for a great many products that they once sold, not going to happen.
Where are you going to take you Buick, Pontiac, Plymouth, Imperial or numerous others Rambler and such.
Nothing has guaranteed long service any more.
How many times has Fiat tried to get established in this country and pulled out.

Agreed. I remember when I bought a Mahindra in 2008. I read comments like poor resale and dealer concerns. Resale was not an issue when I sold this spring. The Mahindra gave me 12 good years of service and I had folks asking to buy it when they found out I bought a new tractor. The only part I needed in 12 years other than a battery and filters was a fan belt.