55HP Tractor

/ 55HP Tractor #31  
What? I thought the MX 5400 (55hp) and the MX 6000 tractors only came with HST. When they first came out, my dealer wanted me to try one. I drove it around the lot - it was hst. I first thought I may had forgotten. Went to Kubota website under "build your tractor" and with 4wd it seems to only have HST option. Maybe I missed something.
The MX5400 is available in 4wd or 2wd with either gear or HST. The MX6000 is only available in 4wd and HST.

/ 55HP Tractor #32  
I just bought a Mahindra 5155. New 55 horsepower Utility model. 12 by 12 shuttle. Very heavily built tractor with lots of lift up front and out back. Maybe something to consider depending on what you’re wanting to do with your tractor. A039F619-4E2C-4AAB-9452-5F7CC64475BB.jpegE2794FA6-45EA-49C1-A65F-980A449A5A21.jpegC234A2ED-AB35-4A90-A132-639F476E4AA9.jpeg

/ 55HP Tractor #34  
Looking to get a 55 hp or so tractor with loader. I want 4WD and HST. Use will mainly be bushhogging and box blade/land plane work. Dealers near me include Kubota, JD, Case and Massey Ferguson. Availability will probably be an issue as Case dealer will have no more for quite a while. MF may be several months, same for Kubota. What other brands are worth looking at? I am not familiar with Kioti, Mahindra, Yanmar etc and would rather wait a few months rather than settle for sub par quality. Thanks.

Messick's just did a video on the New Holland 55 horse offering. Would be my first choice.

/ 55HP Tractor #35  
Messick's just did a video on the New Holland 55 horse offering. Would be my first choice.
I like many of Messicks videos. But I also take them with a grain of salt just as I do any video or other form of presentation when the person doing that presentation is financially tied to it. So what I’m saying here is that Messicks is a Kubota and a New Holland dealer. So while both of those manufacturers make fine products, Messicks would not go out of their way to point out anything negative about those products. And I’m not saying that’s wrong. I’m saying he, just like all other equipment dealers are in business to make money. That money comes from selling the products they represent. To the original poster, I would highly recommend looking at as many tractors in the size range you’re thinking of buying. And while it’s difficult in these times, try to test drive as many as possible. Research the features and see how they line up to what’s important to you. Just my thoughts.

/ 55HP Tractor #36  
I just bought a Mahindra 5155. New 55 horsepower Utility model. 12 by 12 shuttle. Very heavily built tractor with lots of lift up front and out back. Maybe something to consider depending on what you’re wanting to do with your tractor. View attachment 736136View attachment 736137View attachment 736138
That is a beefy looking 55 hp tractor.

Is that based on what was the 30 series?

If it is an updated version based on the older 5530 it is at a 6000 lb tractor "before" mounting the FEL.

I Like the heavy duty aspect for sure.

/ 55HP Tractor #37  
I consider Yanmar and Kubota, both Japan based, equal in quality.

There is a Kubota dealer within a reasonable distance of almost everyone. Kubota has important manufacturing plants in Georgia. Kubota parts will likely arrive at Georgia Kubota dealers overnight.

Yanmar dealers are widely spaced.

In Korean tractor brands I rate Kioti and Branson at the top. Near to Kubota and Yanmar in quality. Due to lower labor costs, Korean tractor brands are somewhat less expensive than Japanese tractor brands.

When shopping minor brands such as Yanmar/Kioti/Branson you must evaluate dealer viability/history carefully.

Branson HQ is located in Rome, Georgia, so Branson may be a brand to consider.

Others will differ with my recommendations.
This is very solid advice for other brands to consider if you can't find what you want in your first choice of tractor brands.

In my opinion, Kubota is the standard that all other brands try to be as good as in the 99hp and less category of tractors.

I started looking for another tractor over the summer and started with Kubota. My goal was to find what I wanted from Kubota, then see if I could find the same tractor for less, or something with more features for less money, that was similar to Kubota quality.

After going to multiple dealers, looking at both new and used, I decided on Massey Ferguson. I placed my order in November, and I'm hoping it arrives in the next month or so. A tractor purchase is like marriage, you really want to get it right the first time and not have to live with something you're really not in love with.

For my needs, I wanted something big enough to handle round bales, powerful enough to pull a 12 foot batwing, and comfortable to be in no matter how hot or cold it was. 4x4, 2 remotes, a really nice seat and a camortable cab are must haves. The other big thing for me was to not have DEF or deal with REGEN. Massey and NH where the main two that had everything that I wanted, but I just can't stand that shade of blue, so Massey became the easy winner for me. Massey also has more weight then NH and remote 3 point controls on both rear fenders. There are a few other things that Massey includes that the other brands don't that also led to choosing them.

Finally, look at what financing is being offered if you are not paying cash. There will be two prices, one is for cash, the other is for the financing. The cash price will be lower, so do your math to figure out where it works out best for you. Massey offered 84 months with zero interest, but was a few grand more than their cash prices. For me, the math was easy, and I went with that offer.

/ 55HP Tractor
This is the OP. Thanks for all the good advice. Based on the dealers near me I think I have narrowed it down to Kubota, Kioti and Massey Ferguson. I still want the HST option and I want R1 tires instead of R4 tires (which seem to be standard on some of these tractors), so it is probably gonna come down to availability. I am gonna continue to look at low hour used tractors also.

/ 55HP Tractor #39  
This is the OP. Thanks for all the good advice. Based on the dealers near me I think I have narrowed it down to Kubota, Kioti and Massey Ferguson. I still want the HST option and I want R1 tires instead of R4 tires (which seem to be standard on some of these tractors), so it is probably gonna come down to availability. I am gonna continue to look at low hour used tractors also.
Can NOT go wrong with that attitude. You're going in with the right thought process. You're gonna be happy with either of those 3.

/ 55HP Tractor #40  
That is a beefy looking 55 hp tractor.

Is that based on what was the 30 series?

If it is an updated version based on the older 5530 it is at a 6000 lb tractor "before" mounting the FEL.

I Like the heavy duty aspect for sure.
Yes it’s a beefy tractor. My understanding is that it’s a clean sheet design. So it’s not really a derivative of the 5500 series. The 5500 series went away according to my dealer even though Mahindra still has them listed on their site. The 5100 series is right between the 4500 series and the 5500 series in terms of weight. But it has more advanced features and creature comforts than either one. Empty the tractor weighs in around 5,600-5,700 as near as I can gather because the specs on Mahindra website and their owners manual differ somewhat. But with the tractor plus loaded tires and the loader I’m sitting a little over 8k lbs. I really like it so far for the bigger stance, the ergonomics, and the very smooth controls. It’s built like a large ag tractor. Lots of big castings front to back and lots of grease fittings.