5610 Throttle Issue

/ 5610 Throttle Issue #1  

LoneStarLegend

Tractor
Ford 5610S
Hey there, fellers! Wondering if anyone can tell me the proper way to adjust the tension on the hand throttle on my 5610S. I set it and won't stay set on that RPM and keeps slipping. It's starting to be a little nerve wracking!

/ 5610 Throttle Issue #2  
Hey there, fellers! Wondering if anyone can tell me the proper way to adjust the tension on the hand throttle on my 5610S. I set it and won't stay set on that RPM and keeps slipping. It's starting to be a little nerve wracking!
There is normally a "friction disk" that is adjustable to keep vibration from causing the throttle lever to move. They are made out of leather I believe, and they get "shined up" and no longer grip. Don't know how yours works but follow the throttle linkage to the IP.

/ 5610 Throttle Issue
I appreciate it. I just found the correct parts diagram. Damn things are $87 for 5 of them!!! I don't think so!

/ 5610 Throttle Issue #4  
I appreciate it. I just found the correct parts diagram. Damn things are $87 for 5 of them!!! I don't think so!
If they are friction discs, go to a leather shop and by some scraps and make your own.

/ 5610 Throttle Issue #5  
You don't know you need a new one if you haven't tried to adjust it. Try tightening the nut under the disc a few turns first and see what happens.

/ 5610 Throttle Issue
Will do, Harry. Appreciate it.