56HP toolcat engine

/ 56HP toolcat engine #1  

capt_met

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat B300
hey all,
i was on the bobcat site and was trying to figure out which kubota engine is used in the 56 HP toolcat. was curious if it is the same as the 46HP engine but with the addition of a turbo. if anyone has their engine info i would appreciate the help on this.
thanks,
metin

/ 56HP toolcat engine #2  
In researching my Toolcat purchase this is what I found:

44hp - Kubota V2203
46hp - Kubota V2203
56hp - Kubota V2003

These references did not come from Bobcat, rather sites that were reviewing the units.

dsb

/ 56HP toolcat engine #3  
44 hp vs. 46 hp may simply be a re-vamping of the hyd system so as to crete more usable hp in the newer model. The 56 hp machine is indeed the turbo-charged model of the V-2203 engine.

/ 56HP toolcat engine #4  
BobcatBoy,

From what I read the v2203 is a 134 cu in engine and the v2003 is a 122 cu in engine. Aside from the turbo do you know what the differences are?

dsb

/ 56HP toolcat engine
i haven't come up with any diffrences between the 2 engines yet. i was suspecting they were the same base engine.a recon trip may be in order to the dealer to see what diffrences i can find. i suspect there may be some cooling issues to be worked out. i do know that ingersoll-rand makes a 56 horsepower tlb that is the same in just about all aspects as the B300 except it does have a turbo. i know i have plenty room under the hood for some tweaking. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
thanks for the info,
metin

/ 56HP toolcat engine #6  
capt_met,

This site Kubota Engines may provide you with some info too.

dsb