6400 JD Blowing hoses

/ 6400 JD Blowing hoses #11  
Yep I would start with the filters there should be 2 one at right side rear axle the other on the transmission. On most there is a washout screen in the transmission. You might already no you need to use j.d fluid to keep the break disc from coming apart

When looking at pictures of the cap yesterday I was wondering if the debris on the cap was coming from the brake discs. Hope not for the OP's sake but that is a lot of drbris if it is clogging the filters, not a whole lot of places it could come from.

/ 6400 JD Blowing hoses #12  
When looking at pictures of the cap yesterday I was wondering if the debris on the cap was coming from the brake discs. Hope not for the OP's sake but that is a lot of drbris if it is clogging the filters, not a whole lot of places it could come from.

Most of the time it is dust and hay dust that gets in the vent and the oil just makes it stick in the vent on the cap

/ 6400 JD Blowing hoses #13  
Year after year the larger hoses near the back around the filter seem to want to blow off.
They must be some kind of return hyd hose 1" id aproxx...with gear clamps (low pereasure)
It makes a real mess when they blow off
What would make them pop off from the nipple?
The clamps are good and tight.

Thanks

Good day this is quite an issue with JD I have seen loads of times it is a blocked hydraulic filter caused by brake debris. If you have a lot of hay around top off diff housing water and moisture seeps in threw breather and water gets trapped behind brake pistons allowing them to stick on slightly hence wearing brake discs or water lifts glue from brake discs. First job is drain diff oil pull suction screen will be full off debris. Then hopefully it has only lifted glue only needs to replace discs and if at hay often breather extensions can be bought to lift breather higher

/ 6400 JD Blowing hoses #14  
Have you ever found your problem on the 6400

/ 6400 JD Blowing hoses #15  
Yes whatever happened here I am having the same issues.