6520 changes

   / 6520 changes #1  

bindian

Super Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2007
Messages
8,364
Location
Willis, Texas
Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
Has anyone seen the latest verison of the 6520? My dealer has one. Mahindra moved the fuel filler neck from beside the seat down to the tank just in front of the step. Now you can fill her up from the curb! I didn't try it, but it looks like you could hit it while climbing onboard if you dragged your left foot off of the step.
hugs, Brandi
 
   / 6520 changes #2  
bindian said:
Has anyone seen the latest verison of the 6520? My dealer has one. Mahindra moved the fuel filler neck from beside the seat down to the tank just in front of the step. Now you can fill her up from the curb! I didn't try it, but it looks like you could hit it while climbing onboard if you dragged your left foot off of the step.
hugs, Brandi
They don't send those "Big Red Beast" machines up here to Taxachusetts, Little Rhody or Northern Connecticut. :rolleyes: I've got to drive well up into New Hampshire to visit with and play on them! :D But I sure do wish I could fill my 4110 without using a step ladder! :eek: Still gotta figure out what makes the most economic and practical sense in a pump/hose/nozzle purchase that is workable in tight space by a one-man show. :rolleyes:

Dougster
 
   / 6520 changes
  • Thread Starter
#3  
Dougster said:
They don't send those "Big Red Beast" machines up here to Taxachusetts, Little Rhody or Northern Connecticut. :rolleyes: I've got to drive well up into New Hampshire to visit with and play on them! :D But I sure do wish I could fill my 4110 without using a step ladder! :eek: Still gotta figure out what makes the most economic and practical sense in a pump/hose/nozzle purchase that is workable in tight space by a one-man show. :rolleyes:

Dougster
Dougster,
You could put a reserve fill tank on top of the canopy, like those beer can caps. :D That should cut down on the step ladder routine some. :)
hugs, Brandi
 
   / 6520 changes #4  
bindian said:
Dougster, You could put a reserve fill tank on top of the canopy, like those beer can caps. :D That should cut down on the step ladder routine some. :)
hugs, Brandi
Now you know I can't afford a canopy... at least not yet! :)

My problem is that I still buy my fuel in 5 gallon plastic cans. The manual pumps I've seen require that you be down on the ground with the short suction pipe in the can to pump them. but how can I be down on the ground pumping and holding the fill nozzle way up in the fill connection at the same time? :confused:

Yes, I know I need a powered pump and a much more sophisticated fueling system, but as always... once retired, money is dang tight. :rolleyes:

Dougster
 
   / 6520 changes #5  
Hey! bindian I liked the MAHINARA deal, Great job!!! as far as HAULING cans of diesel up and tipping them over the seat to unload ITS not fun, but as far as the machine its great, we just turned 200 HRS this past weekend, no problems to report. Plan on cleaning out a tank this weeked if the rains subside from the gulf. I did let a neighbor use the rig with the backhoe for a week to dig a septic system had lots of positive comments about BIG RED [HE DRIVES the green STUFF]. Well anyway need to get big RED into the barn before the rain set in tomorrow. Yall take care.......... [sorry about all the edits Im not too good with the computer].

Regards SRB
 
   / 6520 changes
  • Thread Starter
#6  
srbruiser said:
Hey! bindian I liked the MAHINARA deal, Great job!!! as far as HAULING cans of diesel up and tipping them over the seat to unload ITS not fun, but as far as the machine its great, we just turned 200 HRS this past weekend, no problems to report. Plan on cleaning out a tank this weeked if the rains subside from the gulf. I did let a neighbor use the rig with the backhoe for a week to dig a septic system had lots of positive comments about BIG RED [HE DRIVES the green STUFF]. Well anyway need to get big RED into the barn before the rain set in tomorrow. Yall take care.......... [sorry about all the edits Im not too good with the computer].

Regards SRB
SRB,
Glad to hear you are enjoying your Mahindra. :) I have 132 hours now on mine. No tractor time this week. My daughter and I have taken the week off and are now in dry West Texas. Sorry to hear about the rain.........again. We were in Ft. Davis today and at 5200 feet elevation:cool: , it was a gorgeous day. :D
hugs, Brandi
 
   / 6520 changes #7  
Dougster said:
Now you know I can't afford a canopy... at least not yet! :)

My problem is that I still buy my fuel in 5 gallon plastic cans. The manual pumps I've seen require that you be down on the ground with the short suction pipe in the can to pump them. but how can I be down on the ground pumping and holding the fill nozzle way up in the fill connection at the same time? :confused:

Yes, I know I need a powered pump and a much more sophisticated fueling system, but as always... once retired, money is dang tight. :rolleyes:

Dougster

I used my 3pt arms to stand on while putting fuel in my 4110. Looks like you could lay a couple of 2X6 sections across the arms and use it as a platform to stand on and to put the fuel can on and reach the pump easily. The hard part for you would be refills with the backhoe in place.
 
   / 6520 changes #8  
Keith_B said:
The hard part for you would be refills with the backhoe in place.
And that represents about 90% of my refueling activity. :eek: I need to learn to refuel at night before I remount the backhoe for garage storage. :eek: Problem is that after a long day's work, the last thing I'm thinking about is refueling.

In the end, the best solution will be an automatic pump. It would solve everything. I just have to accept and pay the high cost and move on. :rolleyes:

Dougster
 
   / 6520 changes #9  
Dougster said:
And that represents about 90% of my refueling activity. :eek: I need to learn to refuel at night before I remount the backhoe for garage storage. :eek: Problem is that after a long day's work, the last thing I'm thinking about is refueling.

In the end, the best solution will be an automatic pump. It would solve everything. I just have to accept and pay the high cost and move on. :rolleyes:

Dougster
Why don't you fill up at a gas station since you are traveling your rig to the jobs?
 
   / 6520 changes #10  
Offy said:
Why don't you fill up at a gas station since you are traveling your rig to the jobs?
There are only a couple of gas stations in my area that offer diesel... and none of them are 20-foot equipment trailer friendly. :(

The nearest truck stop is many towns and miles away.

Dougster
 
 
Top