Buying Advice 6530 problems

/ 6530 problems #1  

CR1234

Tractor
mahindra 6530
6530 tractors have a screen in the fuel tank and it needs to be cleaned regularly if it slows down the supply of fuel to the injector pump it will cause it to fail. It doesn't mention it in the owners manual. I've had a problem with mine with only 700 hours on the tractor I called mahindra for 2 weeks straight and they kept saying it's not their problem the dealer should have told you their is a screen in the tank. It's not in their book so the dealers don't know until these tractors start getting some hours on them and they need to be fixed. It's going to cost me $5700 to get an 8 year old tractor fixed. Mahindra won't cover it they said all they will do is give me $1000 off a new tractor. I bought this tractor so I wouldn't have to worry about it being broken. I don't see me buying another one from mahindra. I wonder how many other people have this problem?

/ 6530 problems #3  
Most people learn the hard way that the screens/filters/etc protecting the injector pump are not really needed. You can run diesel stuff for many, many years without even changing a fuel filter. You put krap fuel into them, you need screens/filters, and that is when you have problems. Large bulk fuel storage tanks are great, but can cause real world problems. Especially if it is an outside tank. Finding a source of fresh, clean diesel. Buying fuel only from well used truck pumps, I have driven diesel tractors and trucks for many years without having to change a fuel filter. I still do, once and awhile, but the only time I ' had to ' change a fuel filter is when I screwed up and filled half of a 36 gallon Dodge Cummins tank with gas. Parking a vehicle outside where it is subject to daytime sun/night cooling, then you have to keep the fuel tank full to keep from moisture condensing in the tank. Once you get water, which you never should, you can get other nasty stuff growing inside there. [ Sorry, even it's Sunday morning I have run my trap a little too much ] Glad you got it fixed. But it is kind of like getting a bill from the hospital for fixing where you shot yourself in the foot.

Last edited:
   / 6530 problems #4  
I am glad you have had such a lucky run with your diesels,
and if you have used and worked them very much with no changing of filters that is just luck.
I don't care were you buy fuel from it has been pure luck and you are doing novice owners a disservice by possibly letting them think they can ignore fuel filter changing.
RAM has even reduced the mileage interval for fuel filter servicing now it's down to every 10,000 miles on the eco diesel.
I change mine every few hundred hours, I also keep spares on the shelf in case they are needed.
So far they have only been needed in extreme cold weather when they have filled with wax, sometimes while running.
Changing fuel filters is simple preventive maintenance which should not be ignored.

/ 6530 problems #5  
and if you have used and worked them very much with no changing of filters that is just luck.
I don't care were you buy fuel from it has been pure luck and you are doing novice owners a disservice by possibly letting them think they can ignore fuel filter changing.
RAM has even reduced the mileage interval for fuel filter servicing now it's down to every 10,000 miles on the eco diesel.
I change mine every few hundred hours, I also keep spares on the shelf in case they are needed.
So far they have only been needed in extreme cold weather when they have filled with wax, sometimes while running.
Changing fuel filters is simple preventive maintenance which should not be ignored.

I am just trying to make a point that fueling your diesel is like practicing safe sex. Most water in fuel and contaminated fuel is self inflicted by a person that does not do his homework and make an effort to not add to his problem. A filter or screen plugging on a tractor is not the fault of the tractor, but the operator.

/ 6530 problems #6  
Is the fuel that bad in the US? It seems like you guys go through a lot of fuel filters all the time and have constantly problems with bad fuel.

Over here, we obviously still change filters per service requirement but it still looks in perfectly good shape with hardly any trash on it.

I've never changed the fuel filter on the Kubota B7000 I had for almost 20 years and never had a problem. I actually would run out of fuel more times that I'd like to admit. I've cleaned it once when I had it split for a clutch repair.

/ 6530 problems #7  
Why does a plugged screen in tank cause a $5,700.00 repair?

/ 6530 problems #8  

The shortened filter intervals is often because they are putting desiccant in the filter. They are doing trying to keep as much water away from the injectors as they can. They figure the desiccant has absorbed about all it will at that point. Plus with that interval they can put in lower micron filter media.

/ 6530 problems #9  
Is the fuel that bad in the US? It seems like you guys go through a lot of fuel filters all the time and have constantly problems with bad fuel.

Over here, we obviously still change filters per service requirement but it still looks in perfectly good shape with hardly any trash on it.

I've never changed the fuel filter on the Kubota B7000 I had for almost 20 years and never had a problem. I actually would run out of fuel more times that I'd like to admit. I've cleaned it once when I had it split for a clutch repair.

Getting fuel from a fuel station/store rarely results in issues. But a lot of farms and ranches store fuel in bulk. Fuel sitting for long periods in old steel tanks, with lots of temperature changes (condensation) can lead to fuel that isn’t the greatest.

Sometimes someone will I’ll burn a tank or two a year and have 10 gallons sitting in the garage. Same issue as above- old fuel that’s been sitting and collecting crap.

/ 6530 problems #10  
It’s interesting- on my machine I have 2 fuel filters. The spin in Bosch filter has an interval of something like every 300 hours. But the other filter “interval” is as needed or when you notice a lack of power.