7’ tiller advice

/ 7’ tiller advice #31  
Look at the rhino tiller. Good you tube videos on them , I have an old 6 ft yanmar tiller i use on a 32 pto hp tractor , Hardly know its back there. Probably not heavy duty though.

/ 7’ tiller advice #32  
6’ Baltic all gear drive tiller has been a good worker. Compares good with old but still ticking 50+ year old Howard 5’ we still use. Much rather invest in a used well made tiller than the many new tillers I see now. Both are good with self cleaning tines that last a long time.

Big difference in a field tiller versus a garden tiller.

/ 7’ tiller advice #33  
Here's an awesome, HD tiller!
YJR-084 EA Terra Force

Travis

Mine has been great with 60 PTO hp.
IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

/ 7’ tiller advice #34  
The OP hasn't said what he does with the ground but he may not need a tiller after all. There are times I chisel plow and then run my cultimulcher over the ground. I can't find a good picture of one right now but here is the end result. It's way faster than the tiller and gives a packed and smooth seedbed. I've done several threads on cultimulchers on the TBN.

Oops--Found this pic of a smaller (9 ft ) Brillion cultimulcher. Most are 12 ft-15 ft and up. Notice it packs and then cultivates and then packs again. gives you seedbed like the first photo. It's all cleaned and oiled for winter storage so is never this clean.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    939.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
   / 7’ tiller advice #35  
Looks like blow sand to me.... Put that sucker in heavy clay and 60 pto won't be nearly enough.

/ 7’ tiller advice #36  
I second the EA YR Terra Force tiller. That is a nice heavy unit unlike the homeowner models and not nearly as ridiculously expensive as a Howard. BTW -- almost any used Howard has the crap beat out of it and needs a rebuild and is still overpriced at that.

/ 7’ tiller advice #37  
Looks like blow sand to me.... Put that sucker in heavy clay and 60 pto won't be nearly enough.
You might need to take a soils class if you think that the soil in the picture posted by 3Lfarms is "blow sand".

/ 7’ tiller advice #38  
Not needed, what it appears to be to me but then pictures can be deceiving. What I', alluding to is simply dropping a large tiller in anything but sandy loam will take a gob of pto power to have it operated correctly and in a timely manner. Nothing more.

/ 7’ tiller advice #39  
In reality, I don't much care. When I fit ground, it's never with a rotary tiller anyway. Always a chisel plow followed by a disc and cultipacker. Only rotary tiller I own is for the garden.

/ 7’ tiller advice #40  
Y'all better behave or I'll take my boots off and raise my arms!!!!

I seen a 2018 model AG-MEIER RTR tiller and it really will take
a beating! Very heavy metal. No slip clutch, for me I prefer the
shear pin as you can replace them all day long and not cost a
fortune but a slip clutch when it breaks your down for a few days
not says the cost of the parts! RTR is reverse rotation I will never
own one they take more HP and if you hit a rock it will more than
likely go under and could wreck your tiller!

willy