7’ tiller advice

/ 7’ tiller advice #21  
ha ha ha, OK I'm insecure, lol I obviously don't know anything about tilling, so I'll bow out and let you educate the other posters here...

I hope they learn something from your "opinion". lol

SR
Again you make foolish comments I NEVER stated.Grow up my friend..

/ 7’ tiller advice
7' tiller able to be used in all conditions will take more than 63 pto hp... Under ideal conditions with slower rotor speeds, it's just enough...

I like to speed the rotor up and use a bit higher ground speed, that means in most cases, you will be short on hp with a 7 footer.

SR
That is sort of surprising. My tilling experience is limited and 15 years ago but I ran a 6’ behind a 40 PTO HP machine and it worked fine.

/ 7’ tiller advice #23  
Probably one of the best tillers made are Northwest Tillers.

/ 7’ tiller advice
Why a tiller and not disk? Just curious.
Having owned a half dozen discs over the years they just don’t do a good job especially on smaller tractors. They don’t weigh enough. In my area you are looking at about four trips over the ground to have a good seedbed.

/ 7’ tiller advice #25  
Having owned a half dozen discs over the years they just don’t do a good job especially on smaller tractors. They don’t weigh enough. In my area you are looking at about four trips over the ground to have a good seedbed.

What are you planting? Hay or pasture? Crop?

/ 7’ tiller advice #26  
Not fighting at all, you posted above strongly, of how good the Woods tiller is, like you knew more about them than me. I just wondered if you had more tilling experience than me, and if so, I'd love to learn something from you.

I also have some good Woods products, including three rotary cutters a back blade ect... That doesn't mean they are selling a HD tiller...

SR

My $0.02! You say ‘not fighting at all’. But the constant same challenge sure seems like a fight! Or at least a liberal that claims I have spoken and no other opinion than mine matters!
Pet peeve! Everyone is entitled yo an opinion! And that is what the OP asked for!

/ 7’ tiller advice #29  
IMG_2163.jpg

A 7.5’ northwest we have.

/ 7’ tiller advice #30  
Here's an awesome, HD tiller!
YJR-084 EA Terra Force

Travis
Awesome price as well. I believe I'd peruse used equipment auctions like Tractor House before I sprung for a new one. Rotary tillers as a rule don't get a lot of use and like most used implements depreciate a lot. Me, I'd rather pay a grand versus 4500 any day.