7/8" Draw Pin Famine (7/8" Lower Link Pin Famine)

/ 7/8" Draw Pin Famine (7/8" Lower Link Pin Famine) #12  
I have some CAT 1 drawpins in stock in my "tractor parts drawer" Do I need to check Race Brothers to see if they are still carrying them?

Farmex/Speeco 07020400/3001 Lift Arm Pin - Each - Newegg.com

_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20141212152715%26meid%3Ded65625870d4455c8dcd51c26db93938%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D29%26sd%3D360964926935

Amazon.com : Special Products (Speeco) S07020800 Cat 1 Draw Pin Hitch Accessories for Tractors, 5-1/2-Inch : Hardware Hairpin Clips : Patio, Lawn & Garden

/ 7/8" Draw Pin Famine (7/8" Lower Link Pin Famine) #13  
No, it is not what I want. I am going through Newberry, Florida, today where at larger TSC is located. I will see if they have the Lower Link pin style I want.

I have a Land Pride Rotary Cutter which I pull through really thick jungle periodically. Lower Link pins get pulled out regularly. Only the smooth, cap-head style pictured in Post #1 seems to stay in. I had one LLP with a bale handle pull out on Saturday. It is not in me to pay $6.49 for something, then to remove $3.49 of the something to adapt it. And, even less the bale, it will be more snag-prone than the smooth cap-head. style.

I stopped by my Kubota dealer today. The Kubota dealer was out of Category 1 cap-head LLPs. He had one Category 0 LLP.

I would like to see a reply from MESSICK'S KUBOTA, which may have insight.

I guess you have unlimited time and fuel. It wouldn't be economically feasible for me to drive to three different stores on three different days just to not throw $7 away on removing the handles of pins. Nor would I worry about the 3/16" nub at the top of the pin getting snagged, it would be lower profile than the one you pictured.

I agree with Rick, for it to be pulled out the lynch pin has to be getting removed first. At that point any style is going to vibrate/work its way out at about the same rate. Replace the end with a small bolt with a nylock. Or at least try the black TSC HD pins.

/ 7/8" Draw Pin Famine (7/8" Lower Link Pin Famine) #14  
It isn't the style of head that is causing the loss, it's the style of retainer you use. Skip the cheap lynch pins and use a 7/16' bolt with a lock nut (yes, you will have to use WRENCHES:duh:). The previous pin you lost will be the last one. You can always get the pin from Landpride by their part #, but that will make that $6.49 drawpin look cheap.
Or maybe a heavy cotter pin?

/ 7/8" Draw Pin Famine (7/8" Lower Link Pin Famine) #15  
I had to pick up a 1.25" pin for my rear blade at Fleet Farm today so I was able to take a look at what they had, as they have a pretty decent selection. The ONLY sizes they carry the pictured/requested pin in are toplink sizes, and Speeco calls it a Top Link Pin.

They do not stock the clevis pins with the roll pin, either. All the pins they stocked had handles.

They do have the Double HH Lockease, which specifies "will not be opened by field debris"... an expensive option at $30 a piece though :)

DoubleHH_LockeaseHitchpin_80170.jpg

I think you'll have to order one from a Double HH, Agco, or similar dealer. Agco's part is FX03031. Or check with some local implement dealers.

/ 7/8" Draw Pin Famine (7/8" Lower Link Pin Famine)
I am going through Newberry, Florida, today where at larger TSC is located. I will see if they have the Lower Link pin style I want.

I visited the TSC in Newberry, no luck. I visited the TSC in Gainesville, the largest city in North Central Florida, no luck. TSC Gainesville called HQ and while TSC/HQ shows Cat 0 and Cat 2 Lower Link pins, Cat 1 Lower Link pins are no longer in the computer.

It isn't the style of head that is causing the loss, it's the style of retainer you use. Skip the cheap lynch pins and use a 7/16' bolt with a lock nut

I use my rotary-cutter about once per month, for perhaps four hours per use. If I have my druthers, I'd druther not fool with nuts and bolts. Connecting the PTO is penance enough for all my sins.

/ 7/8" Draw Pin Famine (7/8" Lower Link Pin Famine) #18  
How about a 4 1/2" 7/8" dia. cap bolt with a lynch pin, or cheaper still, the 7/8" bolt with a lock nut? Meanwhile, keep your eyes on eBay for what you really want.

How about a 4 1/2" 7/8" dia. cap bolt with a lynch pin, or cheaper still, the 7/8" bolt with a lock nut? Meanwhile, keep your eyes on eBay for what you really want.

This is a good solution. I will try it.

However, I still want to know why this very common fitting, which goes back to Harry Ferguson's earliest Three Point Hitch, is suddenly no longer available in Category 1, and will it disappear in Category 0, Category 2 and Categhory 3?

/ 7/8" Draw Pin Famine (7/8" Lower Link Pin Famine) #20  
Why don't you raise these questions with someone at Speeco? They are a primary supplier of equipment and hardware for 3-point hitches.