Mowing 72" 7 iron mid mower

/ 72" 7 iron mid mower #1  

RBCanada

Does anyone here own one? How do you find the quality of cut? I own a Landpride AT2572 72" rear finisher I'm wondering if the MMM is better on the Deere. Thanks Ron

/ 72" 7 iron mid mower #2  
I have a few Customer's that have 797's with them, and, if you are mowing flat ground, they are great. If, however, you have contoured surfaces you can have some scalping problems (like any solid Deck Machine)-I have a Customer who is trying to sell one (she had a contract to mow a Football field and lost it, she then went to a smaller Deck for her Residential Customers)-if you are interested, PM me and I can give you her Phone #-

/ 72" 7 iron mid mower #3  
RBCanada said:
Does anyone here own one? How do you find the quality of cut? I own a Landpride AT2572 72" rear finisher I'm wondering if the MMM is better on the Deere. Thanks Ron

I have one on my 3320 and absolutely LOVE it. It cuts outstanding and even better than my buddys ZMaster ZTR. It is very expensive but very heavy duty and built to last. I have a lot of countors and have some scalping on one smaller edge but mostly I just mow with the contours in mind. I would not trade mine for any mower I have used. That and my 3320 make one crazy mowing setup. I really like it. I cut about 3-3.5 acres all summer long - my yard. See pics at the link in my sig.

/ 72" 7 iron mid mower #4  
Have to agree with bloomingtonmike. I have about the same setup, 3320 with a 7-iron 72" and never had any scalping problems. If it could be damaged I'm sure I would, but not yet. Golf course results and very good visibility. Yes cost alot, and worth it. Have never seen many post on the 7-iron on this site. Like to hear more feedback also.

/ 72" 7 iron mid mower #5  
I don't recall ever hearing of a 7-iron mower, although I have cut a little grass on some golf courses with a 7 iron.

/ 72" 7 iron mid mower #6  
From what I understood and the owners manual 7-iron mowers, shreaders etc. are a subdivision of John Deere. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Kind of like Frontier, only sold thru John Deere. After using mine I know it isn't all brag lot alot of others. It is stong and will take a beating.

/ 72" 7 iron mid mower #7  
How does the 72" handle sloping surfaces?

/ 72" 7 iron mid mower #8  
I cut on slopes about 50% of the time and I love it. I have huge slopes so that makes it easier. It is a big deck that is for sure. Cut my yard in just under three hours with it tonight. Awesome!

/ 72" 7 iron mid mower
Does anyone know if the larger R4 tires 43"x16x20 Rears affect the placement of the 6' mower. My dealer tells me I have to order the smaller R4's if I want to use the MMM. Is this true??

/ 72" 7 iron mid mower #10  
I have the 43x16x20 R4 Rears with the 72" mmm with no problems! the deck has full movement with a coulpe of inches of clearance