7260 cub cadet

/ 7260 cub cadet #1  

Randyrandt

Tractor
cub cadet 7260
I am removing my 485 loader. As I was removing the loader frame, I noticed a lot of rust on the mounting bracket on the right side just under the brake pedal. As I tried to remove that bolt, clear water dripping down the bracket. I致e not been successful in removing the bolt, but can any one tell where the water might be coming from.

/ 7260 cub cadet #2  
I have a 7260. It has been a great tractor. I've got a Koyker 150 loader on mine, so I believe the attachment to the tractor is not the same. Also, to answer your other question, I've not had to replace the clutch, so have nothing to offer. I am curious, how many hours do you have on your 7260? I have a little over 1500 hours on mine, and the clutch is fine.

Corm

/ 7260 cub cadet
Hi Corm,
The removal of the loader was not easy, heavy and difficult to maneuver around the tractor痴 metal around the clutch and brakes. Not to mention the loader has never been removed in 25 plus years. I am in the process of reinstalling after the Mahindra dealer install a new clutch at a cost equal to what the parts would it just cost from Cub Cadet. I have 989 hours on it, but they are hard hours. I have done a lot of commercial grading and loader work with it. Love the tractor, it is the same tractor as the Mahindra 2515.

Last edited:
   / 7260 cub cadet #4  
Hello. I've only removed my loader once in all the years I've owned the tractor. Took it off just to see how. It was pretty easy, took about 10 mins. That is interesting info regarding the Mahindra model 2515 being the same as our 7260's. It has been my understanding that Mahindra made all their tractors. I see that you have a 408 backhoe for yours. I also have one on mine, and have used it quite a bit. Besides jobs around my own home, I've done a lot of small jobs for friends and neighbors, enough to cover the cost of the backhoe.

Corm

/ 7260 cub cadet
Taking the loader off is a breeze, taking the loader frame work off to split the tractor was a chore. MDT made the tractor for Cub Cadet and Mahindra. At least their older models.

Last edited: