7275 Damaged front frame

/ 7275 Damaged front frame #1  

Cub 7275

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ingersoll 4120
Frame.JPG

It is a Cub Cadet 7275 tractor (same as Case 1140?) made by Mitsubishi with 417 loader. The main frame that supports the front axle and the loader front mount was broken where it mounts to the front of the engine. The front upper bolts on both sides of the block were broken. One boss on the engine is partially broken away while the other side is wallowed out a bit. There are another set of threaded bosses about 4" toward the rear of the tractor. I'm planning on drilling holes in the frame to use bolts in these locations in addition to the original bolts. I can't see how doing this will make anything worse, but who knows? Any thoughts about it?

For the damaged front upper threaded bosses I'm going to use Loctite thread repair and hope that along with the extra bolts will be enough.

Last issue is about the frame and the mounting tabs to the front of the engine. One was broken off up at the front axle mounting plate. The other tab was broken in half across the lower hole where it bolts to the engine. Confusing the issue a bit is someone had previously attempted a repair. I've repaired the broken parts and during the process did not see any tell tale signs that these tabs were ever welded to the side rails from the factory once past the axle plates (see the red oval in the picture). So should they be fully welded to the side rails or left loose to allow some flexing? The fear of welding them solid would be transferring all the stresses to the front of the block where the tabs bolt on, especially when twisting, like when one front wheel is off the ground with a load in the bucket. Can anyone with one of these tractors take a look at their frame and confirm these tabs should NOT be welded to the side rails?

Weld.JPG

/ 7275 Damaged front frame #2  
It is the same as 1140.