730 ford loader

/ 730 ford loader
I got my parts from the machine shop today and he did a good job on them, the picture is of one of the new glands he made. The first thing I did was made sure everything was spotless and then lubed up the cylinder housing and packings with hydraulic oil, then I secured the ram to my rear blade with a bolt through the mounting hole to steady it. Here my dad shows how we put the bottom packing of the ram into the housing, and then stood the cylinder up to install the top gland. The orange seal wanted to catch on the bevel inside the cylinder so we smeared a little vaseline around the gland and it slid in with no problems. To fully seat the gland took a few taps on the nut so it would catch the threads. I reassembled everything, ran the tractor at 1200 rpm and cycled the loader (no load) for 15 minutes to bleed the air out. I then took it out and worked it for 4 1/2 hours moving trees and dirt. I have to say I was pretty proud taking a few pictures of my leak free cylinders!! Total cost was $52.00 for each packing kit and $120.00 for each gland I had made. Had I been able to get new ones from Ford they would have been around $130.00. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and I saved a bunch of money doing it myself, (just kidding Dad)! My next job is to replace the hydraulic filter in the tractor. Thanks for your help Kennyd!! 1111.jpg

1112.jpg

1114.jpg

1117.jpg

1116.jpg

/ 730 ford loader #13  
Nice job PH, good to see pictures of the old Ford!

/ 730 ford loader #15  
Hi Guy,
Do you by chance still have part #'s and vendor info for the re-pack kit's? By the way, I just replaced the hydraulic filters and rebuilt the lift cylinder on my 67 Ford 3000. Not that difficult and the lift works great now!

/ 730 ford loader
Good job! Sorry, no I dont have the part numbers, I went to the Ford dealership and they were able to order them.

/ 730 ford loader #17  
I'm looking for a replacement filter for my Ford 730 loader. Does anyone know the part number for this, and/or an online source for it? This is the same loader as the one in this thread, although the stamped plate on the loader says "component" 19-529 and I have not been able to find "730" anywhere.