7308 Lift Capacity

/ 7308 Lift Capacity #1  

willsonlj

I am about to pay for a TC29D with a 7308 loader. I am concerned about the lift capacity of this loader. My JD4100 with 410 loader claims a lift capacity of 780 lbs. and the 7308 is rated at 800 lbs. Am I reading something wrong?

/ 7308 Lift Capacity #2  
Check out the thread on Lift Capacity under "NH owning", dated 1/18/01.

The lift capacities of the 7106 and 7308 loaders are based on ASAE S301.2, which means that the load is applied at the center of the bucket. For comparison, the loader on the Kubota B2710 has a lift capacity of 882 lb at the center of the bucket. It seems to me that the 7106 and 7308 loader capacities are a little low in comparison to the comparable JD and Kubota offerings, but there may be something else going on too (differences in how the capacities are measured, etc.), and I don't know if it is a big deal. I don't remember seeing any posts where TC25/29/33 owners are complaining that their loader is a dog.

/ 7308 Lift Capacity #3  
willsonlj,

I wouldn't be too concerned. Loaders get progressively weaker (due to geometry) as they go higher into the air. For example, my 16LA loader can lift 1386 lbs (measured 19.7" in front of the pivot pin) at max height. As a breakout force (not bucket rollback) it can do 2376 lbs (again measured 19.7" in front of pivot pin). That's a lot! So down low my loader's strength is 1000lbs higher. For sure the 7308 loader has a similar % gain in strength down low. Wheeldog is right. The capabilies might be measured different with different margins for safety. I can't remember anyone complaining about the 7308 loader being weak. What size bucket are you getting?

Peter

/ 7308 Lift Capacity #4  
Just adding my 2 cents../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
I had a 7308 w/ a 5ft bucket on my last tractor. I really had no complaints.
If you like the tractor I wouldn't let the #'s scare you away. I think the loader worked well with my tractor.

/ 7308 Lift Capacity
The numbers and several other things did scare me away. The first tractor I bought was too small and I can't afford to make the same mistake again. I really did not like the hydo pedal setup or the turn brakes on the TC29D and the associated clutch, a matter of personal preference. The loader lift capacities were just a bit weak for what I wanted. I decided to go with a TC35D, turf tires and a 16 LA loader with 72" bucket. When I retire (7 months, 13 days) I plan to use this tractor to earn extra money. I figure bigger is better for what I have in mind. Thanks for your advice.

/ 7308 Lift Capacity #6  
Way to go wilsonlj!

I have the TC35D with R4 and 16LA loader. Great machine and no problems. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm sure you'll be happy.

Peter

/ 7308 Lift Capacity #7  
I have a 7308 on my 1320 w/68" hd bucket and it will lift the rear wheels off the ground if you load it to heavy, and that is with a box scraper on the rear! Don't doubt the lifting capacity because 99% of the time you won't be operating near capacity. Sounds like a great setup you are getting.

2-31714-Cliffsig.gif

/ 7308 Lift Capacity #8  
I used the 7308 on my TC29 last summer to dig up, move, and replant several 8' pine trees. I've found the limiting factor to be counter weight, not capacity. Even with calcium filled rear R4s, when I go to pick up something really heavy the tractor's rear end will generally rise before the FEL refuses to lift.