755 iplements

/ 755 iplements #1  

dennisthomas

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 755
what size rfm and box blade will a 755 handle? i had thought a 60" mower and a60" box blade not 100% sure.
thanks in advance

/ 755 iplements
what size rfm and box blade will a 755 handle? i had thought a 60" mower and a60" box blade not 100% sure.
thanks in advance

/ 755 iplements #3  
That 755 has 20 gross HP and 15 or 16 HP at the PTO. That's quite adequate for a 60" mower. My old 670 had 16.5 HP at the PTO and did a fine job pulling a 60" RFM, even when I neglected to mow as often as I should.
You might want front weights when the mower is raised during transport. I didn't, but my transport of the mower was rarely more then 150" or so (length of the drive).

As far as a box blade...I've no experience with one, but I think 60" would be too much due to the 755's light weight. I think 48" would be the size you'd want.

/ 755 iplements #4  
That 755 has 20 gross HP and 15 or 16 HP at the PTO. That's quite adequate for a 60" mower. My old 670 had 16.5 HP at the PTO and did a fine job pulling a 60" RFM, even when I neglected to mow as often as I should.
You might want front weights when the mower is raised during transport. I didn't, but my transport of the mower was rarely more then 150" or so (length of the drive).

As far as a box blade...I've no experience with one, but I think 60" would be too much due to the 755's light weight. I think 48" would be the size you'd want.

/ 755 iplements #5  
I ran a 605 cutter (5 ft) on my 855 and the only issue I had was that, due to the small size of the tractor, in order to get the cutter level I had to use a long top link. Then it would not raise up very high making transport troublesome.

If you don't have to move it far or over rough terrain like I did, then you won't have a problem.

I agree with Roy on the box blade though. I suspect 60" is too large for a 755. But, I ran a 60" blade on my 855 and that worked fine. The BB might be pushing it though.

/ 755 iplements #6  
I ran a 605 cutter (5 ft) on my 855 and the only issue I had was that, due to the small size of the tractor, in order to get the cutter level I had to use a long top link. Then it would not raise up very high making transport troublesome.

If you don't have to move it far or over rough terrain like I did, then you won't have a problem.

I agree with Roy on the box blade though. I suspect 60" is too large for a 755. But, I ran a 60" blade on my 855 and that worked fine. The BB might be pushing it though.

/ 755 iplements
Roy do you think it would be feasable to get the 5ft bb just for the fact that a 4ft will not cover the rear tires. if i dont load or dig to max capacity do you think i can get away with a 5 footer?

/ 755 iplements #8  
dennisthomas said:
Roy do you think it would be feasable to get the 5ft bb just for the fact that a 4ft will not cover the rear tires. if i dont load or dig to max capacity do you think i can get away with a 5 footer?

dennisthomas,

I had a JD 755 for 16 years. Roy is correct that the relatively light weight of the 755 will limit the use of 5' BB but that is what I would choose given that you do not need to work the BB to full capacity. Having the BB cover the tire tracks is a plus. I pulled a 7' blade with my 755 to clear snow and it did well (turf tires). I did use it once to spread sand in my horse riding ring and that was a struggle. It woud do it but I had to take small bites out of the piles of sand. My neighbor's 8N with an 8' (I think) ran circles around me. I felt useless and in the way. I think you will be all right with the 5' BB.

I also ran a JD 503 (5') cutter with no problems.

Jeff