755 transmission disassembly

/ 755 transmission disassembly #1  

unimog_jason

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 755, Kioti DK40SE, JD 410
The bolt that holds the output gear on the hydrostat unit finally broke on my 755 and I had to pull it apart.

We got the hydrostat unit out without too much effort without removing the entire rear end, fished the bolt head and washer out with a bore scope and a magnet, but lost a magnet in the process.

We can see the magnet stuck to a gear down in the bottom, I think it maybe the output gear for the front axle driveshaft.

We have basically tried everything to get the magnet out and as I see it we have two options, pull the top cover and hope that gives us the required access to fish the magnet out or pull the entire rear end so that we can unbolt the front cover.

Has anyone ever pulled the top cover? Do you think it would give me access to the gears on the front end of the transmission?

At this point, it looks like a couple more bolts and we can wheel the rear end out of the tractor, so unless someone can confirm I've got a shot from the top, I guess I'm breaking out the heavier tooling.

Jason

/ 755 transmission disassembly #2  
If you can see it you might get ahold of it with a flexible mechanical fingers.

/ 755 transmission disassembly
Thought about that option, between fighting with the camera and the fingers, the stress might lead to extra hair loss, the magnet is in the worst spot imaginable.

After looking at some of the parts diagrams last night I'm leaning heavily towards just pulling the entire rear end off and splitting the case.

I've been wanting to repaint the tractor anyway since it was used for commercial snow removal at some point in it's past, so it gives me a good reason to go ahead with the idea.

Jason