8' 3PL grader blade

/ 8' 3PL grader blade #1  

Oz_Kioti

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti RX8030
I've just taken delivery of a new Australian badged, Chinese made 8' grader blade.

Does anyone recognise this as one imported into and sold in North America?
And if you happen to own one of these, did you have to modify the stand as I did? (Pics below)

8' grader blade.jpg

Grader stand mod.jpg

/ 8' 3PL grader blade
Regarding fitting the hydraulic hoses for the angle and tilt cylinders - the adapters supplied for the angle cylinder have parallel threads on one end, and tapered threads on the other end.

I had the idea that these adapters relied on an o-ring to make a good seal on the cylinder, however there were no o-rings supplied, and the picture (below) shows the adapter screwed in as far as it will go before getting VERY tight. So, no way an o-ring would seal.

Blade - angle cylinder adapter.jpg

Next idea to ponder is that I should screw in the tapered side of the adapter with thread sealing tape or compound. This would leave the parallel thread to mate with the connector on the end of the hose?

The other cylinder (the tilt cylinder) is a different brand, and definitely uses a parallel threaded adapter with an o-ring to seal.

Any advice here? I'm very good at plugging in hydraulic hoses (for the 4-in-1 bucket for example), and using hydraulic attachments/implements :cool:, but I've never had any experience actually connecting hoses to cylinders.

/ 8' 3PL grader blade
Getting more of a feel for what's going on here.

The different thread types, major diameters, thread counts, etc is a bit of a nightmare!

It now looks like the tapered ends of the adapters definitely mate with the hose fitting. The tilt cylinder adapter has the o-ring on one side (and is a neat fit into the tilt cylinder), so the tapered thread obviously mates with the hose fitting.

As for the angle cylinder, the tapered thread is too big to fit into the cylinder anyway!

Blade - adapters.jpg