8' snow blower for 70hp tractor?

/ 8' snow blower for 70hp tractor? #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
I'm looking for a lighter duty snow blower for my RX7320. It seems that an 84" blower would JUST cover the tracks, but most of the 96" blowers I see are double auger and set up for 90hp+ tractors. Cost is also a factor. Most of my work involves plowing with the front blade, including the heavy drifts, but a blower would be nice for backing down driveways and getting it onto the yards. We don't normally get a whole lot of snow, and I can't think of a time in the last 10 years I'd have needed the double auger blower.

I am thinking about maybe getting the Woodmaxx 84" and putting two small (3-4"?) wings on it, but would love a lighter duty affordable 96" blower if it exists. Any ideas?

/ 8' snow blower for 70hp tractor? #2  
How well a blower will work has a lot to do with what you are blowing. Heavy, wet snow will always be a bug-a-boo.

From what I've seen - once you get much above 84" - most blowers will be either medium duty or heavy duty.

/ 8' snow blower for 70hp tractor? #4  
Different ball game if it's a hydrostat. Many geared tractors simply don't have enough reverse gear speed selection. Standing on the clutch isn't a good plan. Once in a while OK, but not as a matter of normal operation.

I run a 7' single auger blower on a 70 pto hp deere and it would be fine if it was a hydro, but in difficult spots I am starting and stopping. No good! Blow, no blow, blow, no blow. Good thing for a wet clutch I guess.

/ 8' snow blower for 70hp tractor? #5  
Different ball game if it's a hydrostat. Many geared tractors simply don't have enough reverse gear speed selection. Standing on the clutch isn't a good plan. Once in a while OK, but not as a matter of normal operation.

I run a 7' single auger blower on a 70 pto hp deere and it would be fine if it was a hydro, but in difficult spots I am starting and stopping. No good! Blow, no blow, blow, no blow. Good thing for a wet clutch I guess.

My NH at work is 24 forward and 12 reverse. If you don't like the gear you're in go pick another. LOL

/ 8' snow blower for 70hp tractor? #6  
I put a power quad in my deere with left hand reverser, 16 both ways, and at top PTO speed when the going gets stuff, you STILL can't be going slow enough. I should have had the creeper tranny add on installed at the time.

/ 8' snow blower for 70hp tractor? #7  
I put a power quad in my deere with left hand reverser, 16 both ways, and at top PTO speed when the going gets stuff, you STILL can't be going slow enough. I should have had the creeper tranny add on installed at the time.
Last time I bought a new tractor, deere wanted $1200.00 for the creep option, AGCO wanted $200.00! I chose wisely!!

SR

/ 8' snow blower for 70hp tractor? #8  
The menonites put in my power quad, Deere had no interest in talking about that. Just wanted to sell me new tractor, loader bucket and forks. No thanks. Not sure what the menonites would have charged for the (used) creeper.

I do LOVE the LH reverser.

/ 8' snow blower for 70hp tractor? #10  
Nothing short of a frontier snowblower of that size would be worth thinking about if you are intent on saving money.
As anything like Loftness, Lorenz or Pronovost will give you a very long service life with few if any problems BUT will
make you buy once then you cry once and never have to worry about buying another one.