80w90 mineral oil - what is is called from various

/ 80w90 mineral oil - what is is called from various #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
Just trying to expand my options in looking for hydraulic/transmission oil for my MF 35. The manual (and Big Dean) say 80w90 straight mineral oil GL1.

What do the various suppliers call their oil that meets Massey's M1103 specs?

For example Shell calls theirs Dentax

What about Quaker State, Valvoline, Esso, and any other suppliers?

I am in Ontario Canada so some of the US oil may not be available here but I am interested in how many different names there are for the same thing.

Thanks.

Bob

/ 80w90 mineral oil - what is is called from various #2  
there's a company up in canada that makes special oils i think they have a maple leaf on container? i'd check with there website do a search on canada and hd oils or 5w-30 ci-4 they specialize in synthetic products but have a host of other products..

you might know the name??

/ 80w90 mineral oil - what is is called from various
Thanks - I think you are referring to PetroCan and they say their Duratran meets the M1103 specs.

Bob

/ 80w90 mineral oil - what is is called from various #4  
yap that's the company i was thinking. Do they have a website?

/ 80w90 mineral oil - what is is called from various
Re: 80w90 mineral oil - manufacturer\'s namesl

Their Duratran is described at PetroCan but in reviewign the specs I don't see any cross reference to M1103 - lots of other Massey numbers though.

If I get an hour this week to push the phone buttons (for service in English press 1, for information on ... press 3, please listen to the following 6 options etc..etc.) I'll call their customer service hotline.

Anyone know of the trade names from any other oil manufactureres?

Bob

/ 80w90 mineral oil - what is is called from various #6  
Bob: Chevron makes a 90 wt. pure mineral gear oil rated GL1. It is called "Chevron RPM" and it comes in both 90 & 140 wts.